theory11 — Magic Tricks & the World's Finest Playing Cards

Ballooned | Nefesch

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
1,223
27
Another super visual penetration from the twisted brain of Nefesch.

Effect:​
This time the spectator selects one of some balloons, he signs the balloon and you visually push your cell phone through his signed balloon.​


So in this 25 minute video, Nefesch takes you step-by-step how to perform this effect, although I believe it could have been taught better, as I thought that the teaching was not as clear and direct as his other videos.

Quality was great, but I do wish that the camera angles were better.

This effect takes less than 5 minutes to setup and is very easy.

This effect is very impractical and I was disappointed in this effect. This is something that I would not perform and has more cons than pros. For one, the "extra item" needed for this effect is just ridiculous. It must be performed at a table and I find it very impractical. I also find the blowing up the balloon just very knacky as well. Also, angles are a bad problem here, you cannot have anyone behind, to the left or right of you.

The only pro I find in here is the visual aspect of the phone "penetrating" the balloon.

As I stated before I do not find this product worth purchasing.

http://titanasmagic.com/ballooneddload.html
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I heard that Airtight is somewhat difficult, I don't own it, so I don't know.

It is somewhat difficult, but the payoff is worth it...believe me.

I would usually use Airtighter, I believe it's called, by Jay Sankey as well.

It's the "same" effect as Airtighter, but the phase of the cards penetrating the balloon has been taken away.
 
I heard that Airtight is somewhat difficult, I don't own it, so I don't know.

Probably get called out on this buuuut...
I actually found a short PDF teaching Sankey's airtight (surprisingly easy to find, all I did was search 'airtight jay sankey')... it was the offical airtight notes so I don't think they exist anymore on the interweb, however. They weren't allowed :p

After experimenting with the effect and setup I found a great trick that makes setup much easier. I can do it consistently in less than a minute.

BTW airtight is lots of fun to perform, not just for the spectators but for me personally. And if you pick it up (like I plan too) I'd be glad to share my quick setup for it, just PM me.