Bee cards and Bicycle cards

Sep 30, 2009
Elkhart, IN
OK, I have this issue that I need help with. I am working hard at making my card manipulation look better and would like to know if the "Bee" cards are thinner then "Bicycle". I have not had any "Bee" cards before and do not want to spend any money ( no matter how little) on something I will not use. I would rather spend the money on "Manipulation cards" (poker size).

I have the (Bridge size) that I got from T11 and I have been using my old Guardians to practice with. The Guardians have been helping me make my hands stronger but they are not practical for me to use. Jeff McBride recommends using red Bee cards and so does Jeff Sheridan. BTW... I just got "The Sheridan Course in Card Manipulation" from Penguin Magic about a month ago and it is AWESOME.

Any ways, if any one could help me with this it would be great. Thanks

If any one has feed back for this that would be great too. Thanks a lot guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PglIHQQR5pM

Dec 26, 2009
I do not do any card manipulation. I figured I would start this reply out with that.

BUT

In my experience Bike's are thinner than Bee's. Bike 125's are even thinner IMO. Also, the Limited Edition Bicycle cards (these and these) are pretty thin.

Nov 7, 2008
McBride likes bees because the color/pattern of the backs hide better and don't flash as much during various sleights. I have been studying some McBride videos and I have small hands. Some of those sleights are hard for me to do with a standard deck. I bought some Julianna Chen "bridge" sized manipulation cards. They are very thin and plastic so they spring back to shape and don't wear out. They fan well and are narrower so they are easier for me to manipulate. They also have pips in all 4 corners so you can see them in a 2 handed fan. The backs are beige with some subtle green Bamboo pattern. They work well for that style of card work. I got a standard deck as well but the backs are white with with a line image of her on them.

Sep 30, 2009
Elkhart, IN
McBride likes bees because the color/pattern of the backs hide better and don't flash as much during various sleights. I have been studying some McBride videos and I have small hands. Some of those sleights are hard for me to do with a standard deck. I bought some Julianna Chen "bridge" sized manipulation cards. They are very thin and plastic so they spring back to shape and don't wear out. They fan well and are narrower so they are easier for me to manipulate. They also have pips in all 4 corners so you can see them in a 2 handed fan. The backs are beige with some subtle green Bamboo pattern. They work well for that style of card work. I got a standard deck as well but the backs are white with with a line image of her on them.

I have the "Murphy" brand manipulation cards as I had stated before. I thought I had speggitti like fingers that Dan Sperry talked about in his 1-on-1's I have and that is why I got the Bridge size. I'm just not sure if they are right for me. I like the why my Guardians fill when they "pop" out of back palm but they do tend to flash. Which is why I was asking about the Bee (Red back) cards.

As far as you having trouble doing some of the things on Jeff's video's, it just takes "practice". I know that's what every one say's but it is true. Good luck to you and I think I'll look in to those cards you are using.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results