Beginner

Sep 1, 2007
I have been doing card magic for a while now (I do a mean Duck change lol) but I really want to get into flourishing. I did a search because I know someone asked what the best way to start was, but I can't find the thread. If any of you kind souls would give me a link or suggest the best beginners dvd's that would be greatly appreciated. I have XB already.

Thank you.

Juan.

Sep 1, 2007
my level would be very beginner when it comes to flourishing. I can do the magic tricks on the trilogy (I have the trilogy) but not the flourishes. I was wondering more along the lines of multi-packet cuts and that type of thing. Some people have said Brian Tudor DVDs but I would like to know which ones to get. Again, my level is very beginning, I only know the Xb stuff and just would like to improve so any help would be appreciated. Thank you for those guys who already responded :D

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Work with XB until you've learned everything you want to from it, then I would say get The System, since you're interested in multi-packet cuts.

-Vince

Sep 1, 2007
brian tudor's "Generation eXtreme" is a must-buy.

don't get the older version Generation X. teaching is worse so I hear.

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
start off with your XB
then generation extreme by tudor
then the system by the bucks
then the flourishes from the tril
then if your up to it try the cobra cut by devo

I first got Xtreme Begginerz, then moved on and got the Trilogy but found it difficult, after practicing Impossible Stack some more and trying out a few tutorials on Decknique and such I tried out The System which I found much easier with experiance. After dabbling with The System I moved onto The Trilogy. I'm still mastering all this material :)

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
I'm practically beginning in flourishing and have pretty much now been watching through the dvds I've bunched up during the months and have been practicing.

I say:

Master everything in XB, you'll have a simple foundation in flourishing

Go to the Trilogy, Master Disk 3. Which has flourishes 101 and others.

Go to The Trilogy Disk 2 where it has all the flourishes. You can go through those easy the teaching is better than really any flourishing dvd. Just keep practicing that. You'll have a very solid foundation after learning the way the cards move.

Then after that you could either go on to The System and Brian Tudors Generation Extreme. Thing about those dvd's is that I hate mirroring things.

Vinnie C.

Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I say:

Master everything in XB, you'll have a simple foundation in flourishing

Go to the Trilogy, Master Disk 3. Which has flourishes 101 and others.

Go to The Trilogy Disk 2 where it has all the flourishes. You can go through those easy the teaching is better than really any flourishing dvd. Just keep practicing that. You'll have a very solid foundation after learning the way the cards move.

Then after that you could either go on to The System and Brian Tudors Generation Extreme. Thing about those dvd's is that I hate mirroring things.

I would put your #4 in the #2 place. I would not recommend going to The Trilogy right after Xtreme Beginnerz, too steep of a gradient. I would also recommend having the Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes in there somewhere, it's an awesome book with SO MUCH material. :D

-Vince

Sep 1, 2007
Again, thanks for the responses guys. Now I'm reading about following XB with Generation Extreme, which is what I had read before. I will probably try that out. :D but regardless, first I have to work hard at having everything in XB down.

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
I would put your #4 in the #2 place. I would not recommend going to The Trilogy right after Xtreme Beginnerz, too steep of a gradient. I would also recommend having the Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes in there somewhere, it's an awesome book with SO MUCH material. :D

-Vince

The teaching in the Trilogy as I said is much more easier to follow with the wording at the side and the angles it is taught at, each to his own.

I need to take a look at the encyclopedia of playing card flourishes. Haven't heard much of it.

Vinnie C.

Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
yeah but since it's the cuso's "original" cuts, he can't hardly teach it incorrectly right? heh

I wasn't talking about his original moves. The 3c guys often teach classic and sometimes published moves as well, and those you need to be careful of, because there is a 95% chance that they will be taught incorrectly.

The teaching in the Trilogy as I said is much more easier to follow with the wording at the side and the angles it is taught at, each to his own.

I wasn't talking about the teaching, I was talking about the material. It's making a jump from simple to somewhat complex, too much of a jump in my opinion. You should build up towards harder things. :)

-Vince

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results