Believe - My Review!

Sep 5, 2007
Hi Guys,

this is my first review here at T11, and usually i´m a person who never rushes in writing a review, until I have played with it for a while, but here I make an exception!

1) The Effect

I have to admit , that I thougt it uses or it MUST use some sort of gimmick, whether its a PK ring or some other device for the change.
Let me tell you that this whole routine ist so simple and yet so astonishing that this goes directly into my act !
It uses no gimmicks, which is alomoust a must for me, cause I try to keep everything impromptu, and the routine is very well structured.
To the spectator this really excludes any sleight of hand, which is an important factor if you don´t want to show your skills with flourishes and primary Dan and Dave stuff, which I do a lot and love it, but you know, sometimes its better to show pure magic and really nail them with it.
Believe is such an effect that I would trust in difficult situations, e.g. an heckler.
Its so visual and so direct that its almoust scary.

2) Teaching

Well the teaching is great and short! Joel explains everything that you need to know and teaches you a one handed doublelift as a bonus, which for sure I will use; its fantastic!!!
Joel is a really kind person and its nice to listen and learn from him.

The editing is as always top notch!!!

Buy this NOW!!! If you like completly impromptu magic, that get this!!!
Its really THAT good!

Thanks Joel and T11 for this piece of ART!

Christian Drake

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 5, 2007
No its not exposure, you don´t need that one handed DL for that trick, its just a bonus, read the advertisement !!!!

I´m just saying that its a nice new move that he teaches as a bonus and not that this is the secret to the trick.

Feb 3, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I think that this was definitely worth buying for the trick and the ideas that Joel shares in the dvd, he has a very interesting take on magic. I really like his advanced handling and will probably be using that or something similar more than the normal trick. And the one handed double lift is awesome!

May 28, 2008
I've had a good chance to play with this now and here are my thoughts.

The effect is superb. It looks really easy from the explanation, but a little experimentation and you find you really do need to play around to get it right. However it is not actually difficult.

I personally felt the whole "setup" process (probably not the right word for it) was very contrived. In fact, if you've been doing an effect or two before hand there are dozens of ways to get ready for this effect in far simpler, more direct ways. But you know, anyone with half a brain cell could figure that out after seeing the explanation. I have a feeling the extra sleights and flourishes were put in there just to pad the product out. Which I am not saying is a bad thing. They just served no real purpose for me.

All in all though, I am pleased to have purchased this and give it the thumbs up! :cool:

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results