Best Closer for Stand Up Show?

Jan 16, 2008
@Sciffydof I like your last idea =D Seriously, if I ever plan my show I'd take yours into consideration.

@James Kellogg You have to take DICER's advice and let him clean up your track list for you. It will be a considerable effort on your part, but I'm sure DICER will guide you through with a firm but gentle hand. He's a great mentor. Slow down, and think before showing everyone what you got. A show is nothing if you cannot connect to your audience, whether it be for 5 people or 500 people.
Just my 2 cents.

The Pandora System is my opener and has been for the past five years it sets the tone for the rest of my show but it's great as a closer as well. My last effect is usually a smash and stab routine but uses an approach of magic instead of bizzare but my favorite closer is..........Thank you and have a goodnight and until next time love life!

Shane;)

Jan 26, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
Some of my favorite closers are variations of snowstorm in China, but I always tailor them to the theme of my show. If I had a renaissance theme it would look different from an oriental theme, etc. However, my style often is of a classical magician, and if that is not what your style is that effect may not fit.

Feb 19, 2010
haha thanks guys but i was looking for closers for my show not advice on my show i have performed this show with sword swallowing as my ending and have had many standing ovations bc of it, i was looking for something new. And to say that there is no plot or direction is just bc you look at just the tricks and think well thats stupid but you have to know how much i make those tricks grow, the story is what makes my show. My father is a professional magician as well so if i need direction i will go to a man with 40 years experience, for me i like to go to the community to see your thoughts and to see what your ideas are. But i really appreciate all your guys opinions bc thats what really matters is your thoughts.

Thanks
James

thinks of it this way its not what you do its how you show it.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
haha thanks guys but i was looking for closers for my show not advice on my show i have performed this show with sword swallowing as my ending and have had many standing ovations bc of it, i was looking for something new. And to say that there is no plot or direction is just bc you look at just the tricks and think well thats stupid but you have to know how much i make those tricks grow, the story is what makes my show. My father is a professional magician as well so if i need direction i will go to a man with 40 years experience, for me i like to go to the community to see your thoughts and to see what your ideas are. But i really appreciate all your guys opinions bc thats what really matters is your thoughts.

Thanks
James

How about a straight jacket escape...while you have two swords swallowed!

lol

j/k

j

Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
I think you should take as much advice as you need, because well no show is perfect, and just gathering thoughts from here and there (the good advice) your show would become better and on its road to becoming perfect.

Dec 3, 2009
In my own world
If I were you, I'd step away from the cards and coins for a closer. I'd go with the following:
Control by WH (could use Stop by DG also)
Thread by WH
Saw by Sean Fields
Sick by Sean Fields (kind of gross though:D)
Any kind of levitation (except balducci)

These are my closers for all my performances. All get great reactions.:D

Sep 3, 2007

Thanks
James

I got a good one. Stick with your sword swallowing ending.

[edited] If I am wrong, my bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results