best deck for cardistry?

Jun 14, 2015
I have been doing some research on some really cool decks specially designed for cardistry, but I still didnt find the best deck for cardistry.Just give me some ideas please and what is in your opinion the best deck for cardistry?

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
I have been doing some research on some really cool decks specially designed for cardistry, but I still didnt find the best deck for cardistry.Just give me some ideas please and what is in your opinion the best deck for cardistry?

Here's the thing. It all depends on you. Personally, I'd go for quality. In that case, Theory11 decks are one of the best bets to go with.

If you're going for aesthetic, then that's a different ballgame. But I'd go for a quality deck before you go for a deck purely for aesthetic and video making purposes.

I have a Mystery Box deck and a Nomad deck. I flourish about an hour or two out of the day and they still work like champs

ProAma

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
There is no "best deck" for anything. There is no best in this world. We all have the freedom to choose what we deem as best.

Fox13

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2014
Cardistry is meant to show off. You want your audience to see well the moves, flows and displays. You are looking for visual effects. So, I think the best cardistry decks need to have high contrast backs, and faces if possible, or have interesting back designs and colors that blend well in motion.

Some of my favorite picks:
The Virtuoso decks fit that category, colors are blending together well when cascading, fans are well-defined.
The Mystery deck has thick lines that fit well for cardistry too.
The Black Fontaines surprised me. In pictures, the design seems too simplistic, but the handling is great, and the back has very good contrast for cardistry.
A nice discovery for me was also the Alice in Wonderland Cardistry Edition. The backs have a nice classic touch, with high enough contrast between the white borders and the dark back, but the secret weapon of this deck are the simplistic faces: clubs and hearts are white with black and gold pips, but spades are all-black, and diamonds are all-gold, which lead to great face fans (https://instagram.com/p/2j2z_tklA2/).
And who doesn't like the smoke and mirrors...

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
I will echo Grant and say there isn't a "best deck for cardistry" as it is entirely subjective to the person using the deck. It isn't the deck that makes the cardist, it's the other way around. A beginner could buy "the best deck" expecting to be good right away because it is the "best", but that is surely not the case. Aesthetics are a part of cardistry, but it's more about getting the moves to look right in performance before worrying about a deck design to make it look better. In my opinion, a Virt deck or Fontaine deck will not make you better at cardistry; choose a deck that you personally like and roll with it from there. There is no definitive "best deck" in the cardistry community.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results