Best effect

Sep 1, 2017
I cant usually get a dvd because i live in a place where there is a lot of charge for shipping and stuff but my birthday is coming its on October 7 so i wanted to get a good effect i am a intermediate card magician my budget would be 30 us dollars what should i buy in your opinion?
Also shoud i get a deck or a dvd i only have bicycle playing cards and also not many dvds so yeah what do you recommend me to buy

Jul 28, 2015
I cant usually get a dvd because i live in a place where there is a lot of charge for shipping and stuff but my birthday is coming its on October 7 so i wanted to get a good effect i am a intermediate card magician my budget would be 30 us dollars what should i buy in your opinion?
Also shoud i get a deck or a dvd i only have bicycle playing cards and also not many dvds so yeah what do you recommend me to buy
If your intermediate then books, buy books... If your not a collector don't waste your $$ on fancy expensive decks, if your looking to practice and learn new card effects than bicycles are just fine...

Reactions: ParkinT
Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Go ahead and buy books as these guys have said.

However, assuming you either already have a lot of books, or specifically want to buy some effects...

The Advocate or Angle Z by Daniel Madison Is amazing for card work.

Regeneration by Blake Vogt is amazing.

If you are willing to pay shipping, Odyssey is great. You could also go with Dresscode. Both are buy Calen Morelli.

For coins, you might look into Dimension.

A lot of things by Greg Wilson are amazing downloads.

Jul 26, 2016
It sounds like you are primarily into cards. Bicycle playing cards are very good and handle as good, if not better, than a lot of fancy custom decks.

For a book for an intermediate magician, I recommend Royal Road to Card Magic and Scarne on Card Tricks. You can get both books for under $30 combined.

For a DVD for an intermediate Magician, I highly recommend Michael Ammar's Easy to Master Card Miracles. About $26 plus shipping. I learned more from it than any DVD on cards I have ever bought. Michael Ammar has a great personality, is an excellent teacher, and you will learn a lot about presentation too. Very enjoyable and entertaining to watch, as well. That is hard to beat for about $26 plus shipping. Here's a link - http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/106

If you do not want to buy a book or DVD and you just want to purchase an effect, I would get an Invisible Deck, Color Monte, and the Brainwave Deck. All of those come in Bicycle and you could get all 3 for under $30. A lot of very powerful magic for not much money.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Although it will grow with you as your experience and skill grows.

So true. The book seems simplistic at first. Reading it cover to cover gives you a sense of how magic really works by showing you principles rather than just telling you about them. As you learn more about magic, you come to appreciate the power of the methods in that book and understand that it really is teaching the real stuff.

my budget would be 30 us dollars what should i buy in your opinion?

Check out e-books at lybrary.com - for $33.50 you could get Royal Road to Card Magic ($5), Expert Card Technique ($6), Scarne on Card Tricks ($8), Encyclopedia of Card Tricks ($6) and Bobo's Modern Coin Magic ($8.50) .

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
So true. The book seems simplistic at first. Reading it cover to cover gives you a sense of how magic really works by showing you principles rather than just telling you about them. As you learn more about magic, you come to appreciate the power of the methods in that book and understand that it really is teaching the real stuff.

Check out e-books at lybrary.com - for $33.50 you could get Royal Road to Card Magic ($5), Expert Card Technique ($6), Scarne on Card Tricks ($8), Encyclopedia of Card Tricks ($6) and Bobo's Modern Coin Magic ($8.50) .

And no shipping charges!

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results