Best Magic Instant Downloads/1on1s that you can get?

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
It really depends on what you're looking for.

With that, I'll ask. Are you looking for cards? coins? rings?

I only have 1 magic download on my account: Ace Cut by Joel Paschall.

It's a 'cutting the Aces' routine done with one hand. I like it, it's done very well. I'm not sure if a one-handed 'cutting the aces' is up your alley.

What are you in the market for?

Dec 6, 2015
Canada
I agree with Brett, there's no "best" trick that suits all of us - tricks have to fit to your style of performance, your favourite type of magic, your experience, your confidence, etc. That being said, I think Breakthrough by the Mengel Brothers is one of the more one size fits all tricks. Easy but effective enough for all levels of magicians, and can be incorporated into a lot of styles of routines since it uses such common items. It is a bit pricey though.

Coin Under Watch by Oz Pearlman is one that I love too, but it might not be everyone's cup of tea. I'm only recommending it because the instant download is on sale on penguinmagic for 75% off I think. It gives a nice base for some effective coin routines and vanishes, though the most effective routines require some bold sleights. T11 has some nice free coin downloads too, if you're into coin magic.

Oct 19, 2015
I am a fairly new magician at 65 years old! I did magic as a young kid, but have only recently come back, to learn routines for kids.....one of the best purchases I have made so far was a CD on rope tricks. It is called 30 Tricks & Tips with Rope Magic. Check it out at www.MagicMakersInc.com. It has many rope handling tricks and a few of the best rope tricks one can do.....I love it and for kids and young adults it is great...

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
I agree with Brett, there's no "best" trick that suits all of us - tricks have to fit to your style of performance, your favourite type of magic, your experience, your confidence, etc. That being said, I think Breakthrough by the Mengel Brothers is one of the more one size fits all tricks. Easy but effective enough for all levels of magicians, and can be incorporated into a lot of styles of routines since it uses such common items. It is a bit pricey though.

Coin Under Watch by Oz Pearlman is one that I love too, but it might not be everyone's cup of tea. I'm only recommending it because the instant download is on sale on penguinmagic for 75% off I think. It gives a nice base for some effective coin routines and vanishes, though the most effective routines require some bold sleights. T11 has some nice free coin downloads too, if you're into coin magic.

I'm more of a Jason England guy myself. I have these downloads:

The Bottom Deal by Jason England
Push Through Shuffle by Jason England
Double Lift by Jason England
Push Off Second Deal by Jason England
Multiple Shift by Jason England
Tabled Faro Shuffleby Jason England
Gambler's Cop by Jason England
Hermann Pass by Jason England
Side-Steal by Jason England
Center-Deal by Jason England
Zarrow Shuffle by Jason England
Classic Passby Jason England
MacMillan Switch by Jason England
Diagonal Palm Shift by Jason England
Single Card Straddle Pass by Jason England
Top Card Cover Pass by Jason England
Slipshot Chris Kenner
Pop Out Chris Kenner
SWE Shift Chris Kenner

Let me tell you that it is obvious why these guys are extolled for being the best in the field. Jason England's smooth handling of the cards leaves me wanting to watch each of these downloads over and over. Even if you think you know everything about the move you will always find something that you missed. But as mentioned in a previous comment it really depends on what you are looking for. Try one of Jason England's Downloads right here off of Theory11.com. If I could recommend one it would have to be the Classic Pass, he does a terrific job of teaching the move. It's not going to break the bank and you will have a handy tool up you sleeve for bringing a chosen card to the top of the deck.

Reactions: LonelyShark
Nov 10, 2014
The issue I personally have with England's stuff is he basically teaches parts, he is fantastic at that, but he doesn't really teach many tricks. Just my opinion.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
That's true that he doesn't teach many effects per say , but his main area of expertise is with The Expert at the Card Table by S.W. Erdnase which is where my guess is he gets most of his influence. He teaches the Classic Pass, Bottom Deal, Push-Off Second Deal(not strike), Diagonal Palm Shift, all straight out of Erdnase. I guess it does all boil down to how you register your ideas in parts or as a whole. What I like about Jason England if you ever watch any of his videos is that he is basically like a coach , he shows you the move breaks it down into "parts" then gives you fine points.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results