Best magic subscription service?

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
I've asked about magazines before, but I want a more broad subject.
I understand there a are a few out there. Some are streaming like jay sankey's Inside deception. And some are not like Dan Harlan's every trick in the book.
I know each one has its diffences and it's hard to say one is better than the other. However, I want to know who has which subscription and which one they prefer for the price.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I'm going to be brutally honest here and don't take it as an insult at all, but more of a "this" is what I would do if I were in your shoes. I would save your money and find someone local that could serve as a mentor/instructor to you. Look up a local IBM ring near you and possibly join the club. You'll learn a plethora of magic and create friendships that last a lifetime. Now...that being said if you have absolutely no magic clubs near you then I would probably spend your money on more of a set of books like Tarbell, Art of Astonishment, etc. Just food for thought.

Reactions: Ned Devine
Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Honestly, I have to agree with Rick. These kinds of sites are playing to this age of instant gratification and you will quickly become overwhelmed with all the things you now have access to and likely not put in the time before jumping to the next thing. Some books or hell, even just ONE DVD set would be a much wiser way to spend your money IMO.

But to answer your question, I did try Ellusionists magic stream as well as Jay Sankeys Inside Deception just to see what it was about. Inside Deception wasn't bad. The site isn't as nice as Ellusionists but the community within is what makes it. IMO it's a much better offer than magic stream especially since there are a few pricing tiers.

Magic stream isn't terrible. It's a really nice platform. But apart from Tony Chang's talk on there, I found the rest to be underwhelming. There wasn't much I really cared to look at or found any interest in, but this was when it first started and they've since added stuff.

Just my two cents. Take it with a grain of salt.

Apr 2, 2017
California
I would say books. Funny thing about no mentors, I could never find any and it wasn't until I started getting gigs that other magicians started to show up.

Good thing my style is a bit mature and crude, they leave the bars to me lol

Reactions: 010rusty
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results