Best NON-CARD effect

Feb 10, 2013
Utah
www.youtube.com
I usually stick to rubber bands and pressure, but do you all think that Dress code, Profit, Greed, the Raven, Ring Thing, Healed and Sealed, etc. ect. are better? Whats the best non card effect in your opinion and when do you think that it is best utilized(in a show; in a crowd; in front of 2 people maximum) if its a lesser known effect post a link to a performance.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
The best tricks are the ones that suit the performer and enhance the desired impact of the show.

Jul 16, 2011
Hey,

I perform almost entirely non-card magic. The "best" in my opinion are the following...
- Stitched by Alexander Kölle (It's organic, it's situational, and it's impossible)
- 5 & 1 Transpo by Jay Noblezada (Happens in the spectators hands and its super visual)
- Visibill by Richard Sanders (Borrowed bill, complete miracle, empty hands. This is something I have on me 24/7 and when I need to do an effect, I have this as my go-to)
- Thread by Wayne Houchin (Shockingly visual, and often disgusting. This effect leaves a powerful image in the minds of spectators)
- Cornered by Joshua Jay (I don't perform this effect as much as I do the others. But this is an effect that really gets under your spectators skin. It's an impossible effect with a borrowed bill)
- Smoke by Alan Rorrison (Simple, beautiful, quick. It's a definite worker and it hits hard)

Keep in mind those are just my favorite non-card effects. Also I find that if you really want to liven up your repertoire, keep utility devices on you at all times. Like if I just carry a TT on me, I can literally do 20+ different effects with the thing. Same goes for the raven, and TKO 2.0. Having these on you will allow you to perform tons of seemingly impromptu non-card effects. Hope this helped!

JP

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results