Best torn and restored opinions?

Aug 25, 2012
I have been doing my research.. But many like Daniel garcia's, some say the TNR from crash course 2 is nice on some forums but I don't know what is the most practical.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
My first question has to be, "What the heck are you tearing up and putting back together again? A dollar bill? a Playing Card? Napkin? Newspaper?"

My second point has to be that there is no "best" outside the one that works best for you that supports your persona and the artistic expression of the act your are presenting. If I do a Newspaper Tear it will usually be the Anderson Tear but I've used a couple of others over the years because of how they lend themselves to the routine and the feel of the act that I want to bring out.

On the close-up level I've only done a rolling-paper tear, Harry Anderson's Mismade Dollar routine and the comedy Napkin tear on any regular basis . . . never tried any of the clever playing card routines that have come out in recent times though a couple of them are quite amazing, so I can't speak to that niche.

Pardon the rant but we old guys get our shorts in a twist when there's little to no clarification. . . I only play a mind reader on TV, I have problems when it comes to the internet and understanding WTF magicians brings up. . .

Aug 25, 2012
Haha I was open to suggestions for the fact that I am wiling to learn any routine whether it be dollars, napkins, cards or anything i'm just looking for somehing go start with I do lot's of card magic but I want to start performing effects with everyday objects!

Thanks,
Brandon

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
So you're telling me you participate in pirating magic?

Oops!

I'm trying to help a gent in China with this problem; his $160.00 effect has been usurped and is now being mass produced by a group of hacks in China and sold for as little as $12.50. While I don't see it as a $160.00 effect, it's not a "cheap trick" either. It is this black market element however, that encourages effect developers to put on that heavy price tag; now days we know we have less than 90 days to make our money on a new release, even fewer if it's an eBook or DVD.

Arrgh. . . I'm in rant mode this morning

Aug 25, 2012
Umm no he released it for free.. I googked it and it brought me to a forum about it? I didn't look up megaupload download I just looked the name of it up along with T11 behind it and it said download here on a forum from this website?

Aug 25, 2012
I'm confused and no i don't pirate magic content everything i have download wise around 500 dollars worth has all been purchased it may have been a misunderstanding on my part? Sorry

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results