Bicycle Mariners?

Oct 14, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Well got a little bored and thought i would knock up my own back design for a deck of cards. I went with a nautical theme and think i am going to call this custom deck "Bicycle Mariner".
I am rather happy with it and i think i might re-design the typical custom Ace of Spades and also the court cards. Will upload the others once complete.

Attachments

• Mariner backing.jpg
    Mariner backing.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 340
Dec 2, 2007
The only thing i didn't like were the chubby little stars at the top and bottom. Not sure how to remedy them though.

Feb 15, 2008
Being a former Navy Submariner I love the idea. I feel you should use a mermaid as your Jokers and could use anchors for your ace of spades. The mariner's compass is a little overstated, could be due to the fact that to the left and right there is nothing. It is somewhat chunky as well, it should be slender and sleek.

Nov 30, 2007
They look pretty good. I think they would look a lot better without the star in the middle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
UK
One question... Where's the bicycle? ;)

I think the mermaids could do with being bigger, also, the star in the middle I think should go slightly swirly? Circles around the boats of some sort?

Looks good, keep it up.

Huruey

Oct 14, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Hmmm... after careful consideration i am thinking of doing a re-design. I am thinking of making a more nautical version of the classic rider back.. stand by for further uploads

As i was working on making the portrait of the ship i realised that it would be good for a marked deck..

The software i am using is Photoshop CS2 for compositing. 3DS Max for any modeling. I am just really bad at free hand art so any 2D images i create have normally been modelled in some way and then i will "trace" the render once i have the perspective i like.

Oct 14, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Update

Well i have redesigned the backs to be VERY similar to the traditional Rider Back Bikes.. Here are the new version Mariners in blue. :cool:

Attachments

• Mariner Back2.jpg
    Mariner Back2.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 101
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results