Bicycle Problems

Dec 23, 2007
Florida :[
Ive been having problems with blue bicycles lately. I just bought some more bikes and all the blue ones I seem to open have this problem. Like on the sides of the cards it feels like sandpaper. There hard to control and bend really easy. Also when there bend its like impossible to get back and make a really nasty bump in the middle of the deck. Has anyone else had this problem?

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
Ive been having problems with blue bicycles lately. I just bought some more bikes and all the blue ones I seem to open have this problem. Like on the sides of the cards it feels like sandpaper. There hard to control and bend really easy. Also when there bend its like impossible to get back and make a really nasty bump in the middle of the deck. Has anyone else had this problem?

Hmm... where do you buy them? All the one's I have bought from Costco (12 for 13$ :D) haven't had any problems, in fact, other decks seem to have rougher edges in my opinion!

Don't take my word for it, wait for a few more responses though.

-Sanj

Dec 23, 2007
Florida :[
I got mine from wal mart in my epic adventure in search of Tally Ho's in Florida, There are none :[. This is just a recent thing though and im getting frustrated with the blue bikes in my hand right now

Jul 13, 2008
You're in Florida? So am I! Anyway, don't know what to tell you about the bicycle problem . . . I've never encountered anything like that before. Also, I heard Tally Ho's are in 7-11's. Dunno if that's true or not, though.

D

Deleted member 2755

When opening a deck of cards, rub the edges on some jeans several times at first. That will smooth out the edges. It works really well. You'll notice a ton of fibers from your jeans on your deck, but just blow them off.

Before you call me mentally insane, I learned this from Dan and Dave at their lecture. That's part of how they break in a deck of cards. It works very well.

-Doug

Oct 28, 2007
When opening a deck of cards, rub the edges on some jeans several times at first. That will smooth out the edges. It works really well. You'll notice a ton of fibers from your jeans on your deck, but just blow them off.

Before you call me mentally insane, I learned this from Dan and Dave at their lecture. That's part of how they break in a deck of cards. It works very well.

-Doug

this is called smoother isn't it and it is on andthensome?

Nov 10, 2007
I am in florida too sweetness. PM me magicmaster or Italian Magik and maybe we live close and can hang.

Bikes are mass produced and are sure to have some manufacturing errors. You could have just purchased several packs from the same batch, and it is possible that every box in said batch has the same issue.

Try purchasing a few packs from diffrent locations, or waiting a few weeks before buying a new deck. If that doesn't work then chances are it may be something else.

You can try rubbing the decks edges alongside your jeans a few times ALA Dan and Dave; I think that's already been mentioned.

You can try riffle shuffling them a few times, bending the bridge both to and fro as you go to losen them up.

You can also try placing a hot iron on them for a short time.

If none of that works, then try drinking about 12 shots of strait vodka. It will do nothing to improve the condition of your cards, but it will make your frustration go away for a few hours. =P

Hope that helps.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Yea as Sinful has said
DnD have taught this method in their lecture. Basically rub each side on your jeans a few times and it should work. They also suggest using a nail file, but Im too scared to try. Anyways, the bend in a deck is usually for me is when the deck gets stiff. It becomes stiff and the bump just keeps bumping back. It usually fixes though after a day or so.

Feb 15, 2008
Yea as Sinful has said
DnD have taught this method in their lecture. Basically rub each side on your jeans a few times and it should work. They also suggest using a nail file, but Im too scared to try. Anyways, the bend in a deck is usually for me is when the deck gets stiff. It becomes stiff and the bump just keeps bumping back. It usually fixes though after a day or so.

Nail file DOES work :D Just don't run them up and down. Run the file sideways.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results