Biddle Trick

Sep 1, 2007
I perform this trick much too, it's actually very easy, but it's very important how you do it in front of people so I was expecting a video of you in front of people. So I think personally it's pretty useless to do such a trick in front of a camera as the trick is easy and it's more about your performance to people then the technique of the trick.

Apr 15, 2008
I really like this trick. It was a good routine, but you did say "oh look a card in the deck the wrong way, what could it me" or something like that. Good performance though.

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
Can someone tell me a little history behind this "Biddle Trick" that seems to be at everybodys list of top5 impromtu card tricks? I know the effect, and I've heard that it is taught in "Born to Perform". Who invented Biddle Trick? Is Biddle Trick the original name? Why is it called Biddle Trick?

I did a quick search but I didn't find anything.

Mar 26, 2008
Around
Try doing this trick for a spectator and combining the prestige with an invisible palm. This ending is done by Brad C form Ellusionist in his Ambitious Card DVD.

I have had great reactions using this ending and quite frankly it adds the zip that the biddle trick needs.

This effect is very magician driven; meaning if you do not sell it then it will not sell it self.

Joe

adc

Elite Member
Dec 2, 2007
I don't know much about the history behind the biddle trick. However, I'm assuming that it's simply called the "biddle" trick because the crucial sleight that's needed to execute this effect is called a "biddle steal". And of course you need to be in a biddle grip to perform it correctly.

As for the video...very nice! Furthermore, it's NOT useless taping yourself performing just in front of a camera. You were simply trying to receive pointers by your fellow magicians. And from the looks of it, I think any layperson would be amazed with your performance. I appreciated your steady pace throughout the routine.

Thanks for that!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results