Big Post Count Means Nothing

Sep 1, 2007
Beirut Lebanon
True. People like razor ace(i think his names that) have posted what are counted helpful posts.

And by the way, i want to be the first person ever to quote himself in his sig.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Oh there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a huge post count, and the point of forums such as these is to discuss things.
I will listen to those with little post counts just as much as those with big one's. I don't think people should post just to up there count, but no matter how small the post, if it's on topic and is something you want to add/say then so be it.
I will be posting a lot on here as I do the cafe', but I won't be actively just trying to up my post count.
I actually don't think anyone has really been just doing that, this is a new place and we're just making ourselves at home.

Aug 31, 2007
California
I could care less about post counts... I think they shouldn't even be shown.

Don't bother looking at the post counts, they mean nothing.

Keenan

Aug 30, 2007
Post counts don't get you noticed here. Intelligent posts do. I have personally seen both people with high post counts and low post counts contributing some very worthwhile advice and information. That's what we care about here. If you enjoy posting a lot, please do. You're welcome to. Your number of posts is an independent variable to the quality of your posts. I can certainly speak for our whole team when I say that the latter is the only one we care about.

Dana

looks like I'm one of the guilty ones eh'.

Well actually I've been stuck inside the house the past two nights babysitting and have had alot of time on my hands, I suppose once school starts my posting will diminish, but I try to make the most of my posts and help other members.

Of course there are some posts that are just for fun when in a discussion, but most of the time I try to be informative....

Aug 31, 2007
California
Post counts don't get you noticed here. Intelligent posts do. I have personally seen both people with high post counts and low post counts contributing some very worthwhile advice and information. That's what we care about here. If you enjoy posting a lot, please do. You're welcome to. Your number of posts is an independent variable to the quality of your posts. I can certainly speak for our whole team when I say that the latter is the only one we care about.

Dana

Dana,

Is it a bad thing to say that so far, from what I have read from you...

I love you. :D

Keenan

Sep 1, 2007
Thanks for the many thoughtful replies. Id like to elaborate on one of the things brought up however.

As has been said there is nothing at all wrong with a large post count, or even a small one that matter. Its about quality, thats what I was trying to get across through this thread. Many people have large post counts, take RJohnson from E, that are probably the most helpful contributers to forums, but of course they have accumulated these posts over time. Its the people that are getting 1000 posts a month with replies like "Oh cool, i really l ike it, looks good", that im saying needs to stop. Cause quite frankly those posts do nothing for anyone except up posts counts, and give reason for more on top of that.

I whole heartedly agree with Keenan, post counts shouldnt even be shown.

To all those posting there minds out, just cool down, take your time. If you ever get the "To many posts to quick" error, its a good sign that you need to slow down a bit. Its taken me 10 minutes just to write this post.

Thanks.

Trevor

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
Yeah i agree with you.
Many people have told me that i am a Post freak.
Sure i am.
but it has nothing to do with the count.
I like to ask questions. ALOT. if you havent noticed.
And i talk alot to.
but i am giving information, recieving information giving input, recieving input.

But like i said i agree with you, People need to take their time.
Put some thought and creativity into a post.

Look at my t11 gear thread.
It has tons of posts from a group of specific people.
But we are actually talking about a subject and putting more than 5 words in a post.

Am i still going along with what you mean trevor?

Or did i start to go off track?

~Jordan

Figured id transfer this post, open it up for discussion.

I know this has more then likely already been said, but im gonna throw in my opinion anyways.

I know everyones heard it a thousand times over, but quality > quantity.

Stop worrying about post count. Feel free to deny it, but lets be honest, anyone who has 200+, 100+ even, posts by now is goin way overboard. Like cmon guys, thats a post every nearly every 10 minutes, and thats if youve been up since the site launched. I was on E for nearly a year before i left those forums, and my post count was at a mere 500. Everyone assumes a high post count is gonna get them noticed. And oh.my.god, i think anyone who was there can all remember when they did forum cleanup and everyones post count dropped 1-500 , what an epedemic that was.

To me, seeing someone who has accumulated 250 posts in 48 hours makes me less inclined to take there advice. It sorta makes me consider the fact that someone like that probably has more forum reading experience than real world experience.

To me, thats what its all about, and thats the person i want to take advice from. The one that has real world experience, and knows what works with what, and how to connect with the audience. Forums are great, but advice over the internet can only get you so far, you have to get out there an see how things are for yourself. Asking questions is great, and forums are a great resource, but i think we all can agree that there are 1 to many threads about things that could be better answered by ones self.

Now dont take this post wrong, forums are good as a resource and whatnot, and there are many people with large post counts that really do help people out alot! But they have accumulated that over time, not in 48 hours after the forum opened. Like cmon, "Goodnight guys, see you tomorrow" is no different to me then posting "Hi this is just another useless thread to up my post count". (Not trying to pick the poster of this thread out, many people do it it, this thread just happened to be the one i posted in).

Does anyone else get what im trying to say???

I think I love you bro. This is just about the smartest thing on these forums so far...next to Mitchell's "I Love Monkeys" thread.

Anyways, I agree with you dude. Great thread...

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
I agree that going through all the threads is hard especially with people posting so much, but who cares. Why make a big deal out of it...???

I agree that going through all the threads is hard especially with people posting so much, but who cares. Why make a big deal out of it...???

Exactly. If the people who have high post counts don't spam and actually help out the community then it's alright. I try and help people the best I can and I like to talk to other people who share the same passion as me....it's not a crime :p

-RA69

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results