Big Problem...

Ok here's the run-down...
I was swimming (on my highschool team) and hurt my shoulder.
I went to the hospital this morning and...
BAD NEWS!
I tore all five muscles that make up my shoulder.
I am now in a sling and doing physical therapy.

I need some ideas of what I can do to still improve my magic while I am in this state of AHHHHH!
I'm truely devastated... I cannot move my arm, but can still move my hand and wrist.
I need some tricks too that I can work on.

Thanks Guys, I really need it.
-Chase

Sep 1, 2007
Read books focussed on presentation and performance skills; watch videos of good magicians performing. Go through your tricks in your head, thinking carefully through each step.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
As RA asked, which arm is hurt, and which hand do you use to perform?

If your good hand isn't hurt, I would suggest either learning the Hot Shot Cut or making sure you have it down. It's a great way to reveal a card if you can control their card to the bottom of the deck using one hand. Maybe have them place it in the middle, keep a break, and perform a Charlier. Also, you could invent some wicked one handed sleights.

If you like to flourish, learn the Kryptonite cut, and stuff like that.

Sorry to hear about your arm, and I hope you get better soon!

David

Dec 10, 2007
Texas
this is a great opportunity for you man!
if its your writing hand (the one youre used to) practice one handed manipulations with the other hand
or use your writing hand or other hand and do one handed magic! which would improve anyones skills! or you could just read, but id do ALL of them! haha i wish my shoulder broke now that you mention it!

Hope you feel better man! take care!
ES

D

Deleted member 2755

Hey, sorry to hear about your arm.:(

Well you can always find some trick/sleights that don't require much movement. You can also brush up on some performance/theory books. So even though you are in this bad state for magic, you can still improve your personality. As for tricks, I may recommend Factory Sealed. You may be able to pull that off with one arm. I love Factory Sealed and I think you will probably use it in the state you are in.

Get well soon.

-Doug

Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com
Ok here's the run-down...
I was swimming (on my highschool team) and hurt my shoulder.
I went to the hospital this morning and...
BAD NEWS!
I tore all five muscles that make up my shoulder.
I am now in a sling and doing physical therapy.

I need some ideas of what I can do to still improve my magic while I am in this state of AHHHHH!
I'm truely devastated... I cannot move my arm, but can still move my hand and wrist.
I need some tricks too that I can work on.

Thanks Guys, I really need it.
-Chase

If you're into flourishing, try working on some flourishes.

Zac

Oct 21, 2007
Appalachia
www.myspace.com
Well your first mistake was being on your high school swim team. HAHA! Sorry I was a lifeguard for 8 years and I worked at a pool where we had to guard the high school meets, I'm more than a little jaded. Anyway just kidding.

So if you're right handed then you hold the deck in your left hand correct? And since your right arm is the messed up one, the first thing I would work on is a pinky count, if you don't already have it down. It will make your card routines so much better than doing push overs or even thumb counts.

Then I would work on classic palms of anything, and charlier cuts.

Good luck man

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Well,

Justin Kredible, who is a friend of mine actually had something similar to that happen to him at a young age.

He had broke BOTH arms, and the doctor told him to learn card tricks to help exercise him back to a healthy state.

So if you can still move your arms and wrists then I'm sure any kind of card work will be harmless.

I'm sorry to hear about your bad news.... but here is to a wonderful recovery!

Katie Egleston

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results