Big Trick Energy Review

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
Hello Everyone! Welcome back to day 4 of Big Trick Energy week. Today I was planning on looking at some bad Reviews and commenting on them, but basically decided that I should official Just drop my opinion.
1621562719328.png

There it is! Not a massive fan, but it certainly had its moments, howeverI don't believe I would order more episodes if I were TruTv.
I will Quickly go deeper into some pros and Cons I had. Starting with Cons.

THE NAME
I know this is a minor issue, but the name alone sets a very bad tone for the show to follow. Given, TruTv isn't exactly great at coming up with a title. I thought Tirdy Works was laughably bad, and even Impractical Jokers isn't that great IMO. So, I'll give them a break, however MAAAN. It is like 3 syllables, Requires you to know a fairly obscure phrase, fairly #HowDoYouDoFellowKids, not very catchy, fairly forgettable, and honestly barely hints at what the show is about. Basically the only benefit of the title is it isn't taken, and it is somewhat comedic.
The Tricks
Okay So embarrassing Confession growing up I LOVED Don't Trust Andrew Mayne. My favorite part was 100% the creative tricks. Making borrowed rings appear in borrowed ketchup packets, making a purse vanish and appear in a vending machine Where just incredible. That's why I was drastically Disappointed in this show's tricks. I mean Putting YOUR BAR TAB on a water tank and make beer come out of it... I mean come on. And when the tricks aren't simple as can be they are as insanely bad as making 2 people appear in the back of a borrowed car. Overall, the tricks seem either too simple and unimaginative, or too ridiculous to seem like non-camera tricks.
That being said, probably the biggest problem with the show is the way the tricks are presented. The tricks always seem like the show wants you to believe the tricks are more extreme or amazing than what you actually just saw. I think the Jerx put it best when he said
"If we’re a bunch of magicians on a show together and you “crush my car with the power of your mind” then my real reaction is going to be, “Huh. Would ya look at that.” I’m not going to be freaking out, because I know we’re magicians on a tv show."
Like often the Great Ramsini's tricks are Presented like he just pulled " A MAD PRANK", but in reality he just put an ID in a bottle, or popped a basketball. No where is this more obvious than the end of Episode 3. The last tricks is genuinely one of the most pretentious things I've ever seen, and that means something coming from a magician. It is incredibly ironic considering mocking this stuff is something Chris Is Known for. Overall The tricks made me very disappointed

Now there is one Unbelievably massive PRO

GREAT FOR YOUNG MAGICIANS!
As I mentioned beforehand I LOVED Don't Trust Andrew Mayne, However I was one of the few. As I got older I understood why, but i remember arguing with ADULTS on the internet about how cool the show was. Besides MindFreak I didn't get to see alot of magic, but what I did see was panned by critics. When I see this show I can see a very Young Kyle jumping up and down, and looking forward to a new episode every week. It's perfect for a young and edgy new group of magicians and for that I am excited. (I just hope their parents but them a couple magic books so they don't spend their twentieth birthday writing a magic blog no one reads;))

There we have it. There is a new episode tonight, and be sure to tune in tomorrow to the FINALE OF BTE WEEK!!!
In the meantime make sure to read to read Day 1 Day 2 and Day 3

Reactions: JoshL8
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results