My Version of Big Trick Energy

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
Hello, everyone! Welcome to day 2 of Big Trick Energy week! If you missed day 1. CLICK HERE. As said yesterday today is also my BIRTHDAY! So, to celebrate I decided to be selfish, and make this post about me. This will be all about the changes I would make to create a show I would enjoy. This isn't a full review. I will post that later. Of course magic and all entertainment is subjective so feel free to disagree with me. Let's begin!

The Premise
Well, first off all I find the premise Doesn't lead into great and Original Content.
My version would consist of a more FORMAT based show. Each episode would have 1 of the 4 magicians be a "Judge/Driver" and would come up with the challenges for the other guys. For example in the Whiskey Castle Episode Let's say Chris is the "Driver/Judge", and he will drive the gang to the whiskey castle and make pit stops along the way, and give them challenges. This can Be as simple as "Go into the convenience store and do a magic trick" to "Try to get someone to run away screaming" or even "Get on the roller Coaster and do a magic trick to the person sitting beside you". The "Judge/Driver" will then score them on a scale of 1 to 100. They could then do a system of prizes and awards. this can go 1 of two ways.
WAY #1
At the end of the episode they will count up all the scores and arrive at the final destination. The judge will then either award the winner or punish the loser. Such as in our example when they arrive at the whiskey Castle Chris can say "Okay We, since you had the lowest score you can't drink any whiskey and just have to watch us", or yes CRUSH YOUR BEST FRIENDS CAR!! This can also lead into awarding the highest score with a free bottle of whiskey or something wholesome.
WAY #2
At the end of the challenge the judge/Driver immediately dishes the award/punishment. Like buying all of the winners stuff from the convenience store, or making the loser carry all the stuff to the car.
Way #3
Each Challenge is made by a different Judge and he Immediately Dishes out an award/ Punishment. This is definitely More TV friendly because you can record multiple Bits at a time and don't have to film episode by episode. I call it the Impractical Jokers approach
The Tricks
So it appears quite clear from all critics perspective that the tricks in BTE are underwhelming. They seem either too unbelievable (Like making 2 people right beside the spectator appear in a borrowed car's trunk), or too simple (Like putting YOUR OWN SPICKET on an oddly placed water tank to make beer come out). I believe The tricks should be more or less more "normal", but the idea of a challenge/Put on the spot instantly makes them more television appropriate

The cast
Keep it. Don't change it. I feel like the challenge element will help the 4 guys gain character Development. Now people will tune in and say stuff like "WOW CHRIS'S CHALLENGES ARE ALWAYS SO HARD", or "Man Wes is so creative when he makes challenges" This will eliminate unnecessarily rude reviews like"
1621397655786.png

Obvious Problems
First off This will never happen. A network Would Never Let you Change your ENTIRE SHOW FORMAT after its begun airing. Second, Despite What I said It is Definitely too Similar to Impractical Jokers, and would require going to another network. So although this Is impossible JUST LET THE BIRTHDAY BOY DREAM!!!!

There we have it Day 2 is over, I am in my 20s, and I've added nothing of worth to society. BUT HEY! We are still Pushing through with BTE week, so tune back in tomorrow! You know... I just looked at the calendar... It appears that Tomorrow is Wednesday, so expect something... Creative and fun

Reactions: CWhite and JoshL8
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results