Bigger Crowd = Bigger Reaction (usually)

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
Okay, so today during my spare I was doing some simple card tricks for a couple of my close friends, 4 ace tricks, little ACR's, etc. I started attracting more and more people. What started out as a casual street size audience, became more like a class room. There were around 15 people, so I decided to pull out an effect that everyone would be grossed out by, my choice saw by sean fields. Last time I performed this on myself with my parents watching my skin started getting very irritated so I asked one of my magician friends if I could do it on him. He agreed to and when I got back from getting set up, there were 25 to 30 people anticipating. Thats when I realized that I was happy that I chose an effect that was 360 degrees angle proof. I found the reactions insane, my magician friend was laughing is head off seeing that he'd never seen it been performed by me. This has maybe turned into a review of saw so I need to get back on point. I found that a lot of people maybe hard to do some effects, because of angles, nervousness, sweaty hands, etc. Let me say that many people to perform in front of especially for the first time, very nerve wracking. In the end the reaction was huge, so my new advice to anyone out there wanting bigger crowds and/or bigger reactions, perform an effect that is easy to do under circumstances (such as sweaty hands, nervousness, etc) and get a great reaction. Last week I performed an ACR for about 10 people, and the reaction wasn't as big as the one today but still it was fairly big. Compared to doing tricks for 2-5 people, when there are more, the reactions that other people have work up more people.

I don't know if that made any sense haha, and
Sorry about the long read, I just had to share it :D

Thanks

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results