Bikes or TH9's?

Bicycle decks or Tally- Ho No. 9's?

• Bikes

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • TH9s

Votes: 48 71.6%

• Total voters
I don't know if anyone saw the thread on E a while ago but, other than cosmetics, there is no difference between TH9's and Bikes.

I use bikes because of availiblty first off but also because Gaffs and things always come in Bike format. Although, I love changing a Red Bike into a Blue Tally in DG's Nacho Momma's... it looks sooooo good.. haha

In his lecture daniel changed a Blue Circle back into a green rider back.. then said he used green so people would know he had a green card... hahaha Gotta love Daniel.. ha

Sharp

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I don't know if anyone saw the thread on E a while ago but, other than cosmetics, there is no difference between TH9's and Bikes.

Do you believe everything you read on Ellusionist? I can tell you, for certain, being one who has used both extensively and done many hands-on tests with both decks, that Ellusionist is wrong. :)

-Vince

Haha, of course not... i'm not THAT bad.. haha

Although someone over there did e-mail the uspc and, though this may be a mute point, Brad Christian who IS an experienced magician despite anyone's opinion on him said that he has talked with the uspc aswell about the issue.

Again, this is not an attempt to turn this into an E thread or anything of the sort... just my opinion.

Sharp
PS. No, i'm not an E fanboy.. I was but that quickly changed ;)

Vinnie C.

Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Haha, of course not... i'm not THAT bad.. haha

Although someone over there did e-mail the uspc and, though this may be a mute point, Brad Christian who IS an experienced magician despite anyone's opinion on him said that he has talked with the uspc aswell about the issue.

Again, this is not an attempt to turn this into an E thread or anything of the sort... just my opinion.

Sharp
PS. No, i'm not an E fanboy.. I was but that quickly changed ;)

MANY possibilities here:

Cards can be rather sensitive, we have no idea what sort of minor variations could produce major effects. Even if the Tally's are simply printed using a different machine from the Bycicle's, that could possibly effect how they feel.

Another possibility: The USPCC may disregard very minor variations between two different decks and dismiss them as being "basically the same". One tiny difference in the stock or finish could really effect how the cards feel.

-Vince

MANY possibilities here:

Cards can be rather sensitive, we have no idea what sort of minor variations could produce major effects. Even if the Tally's are simply printed using a different machine from the Bycicle's, that could possibly effect how they feel.

Another possibility: The USPCC may disregard very minor variations between two different decks and dismiss them as being "basically the same". One tiny difference in the stock or finish could really effect how the cards feel.

-Vince

I'm not fighting here, just so everyone knows, but I will clear my point a bit.

According to a member over there and Brad when aske dthe USPC said they are printed on the same machine with the same stock and same finish... only difference is cosmetic. I know the distince tally feel everyone is talking about but it may honestly be completly mental.

I love both decks, doesn't matter that much to me.

Sharp

Vinnie C.

Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I'm not fighting here, just so everyone knows, but I will clear my point a bit.

According to a member over there and Brad when aske dthe USPC said they are printed on the same machine with the same stock and same finish... only difference is cosmetic. I know the distince tally feel everyone is talking about but it may honestly be completly mental.

I love both decks, doesn't matter that much to me.

Sharp

And I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND what Brad and others from E/USPCC have said. But I know how long a deck of Tally's last me, and I know how long a deck of Bikes lasts me. There is no better test than one done in the field. And trust me, I've beaten up these various decks for years, some of it in search of the answer to that question, and Tally's have significantly better quality. I have better control over my mind than to trick myself into thinking it's better. :p

I mean, it's not even a small difference. I would probably agree with your point if the difference weren't so noticible. I'll even try it on a few laymen to be sure.

-Vince

Aug 31, 2007
www.the3c.info
And I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND what Brad and others from E/USPCC have said. But I know how long a deck of Tally's last me, and I know how long a deck of Bikes lasts me. There is no better test than one done in the field. And trust me, I've beaten up these various decks for years, some of it in search of the answer to that question, and Tally's have significantly better quality. I have better control over my mind than to trick myself into thinking it's better. :p

I mean, it's not even a small difference. I would probably agree with your point if the difference weren't so noticible. I'll even try it on a few laymen to be sure.

-Vince

Just a simple crimp test should be enough to prove that Tally's are better. Bikes hold crimps a heck of a lot longer than TH9s do.

Why do they do this? I don't know and don't really care. This is just one of several factors in my PERSONAL opinion that Tally-HOs are a superior deck to Bicycle 808s.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results