Bill Malone - On the Loose or Here I Go Again?

Sep 1, 2007
For those of you who owns the Bill Malone DVD sets, which set would you recommend more, the On the Loose set or Here I Go Again set?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
I have the full set of On the Loose DVDs and the first of Here I Go Again - the remaining volumes are in the mail as we speak.

I would recommend On the Loose first, as there is so much great material on there. Bill's teaching is excellent on both sets, and his performances are a learning experience in their own right. As I said before, I am completing my collection of his DVDs which means I think they're all worthwhile - so my advice would be to get them all! Starting with On the Loose - so far my favourite DVDs are volumes 3 and 4 of this set.

I own both and I would reccommend on the loose for two reasons

There are more effects from those dvds that I perform.

And I like the routines from On the Loose better. Overall I thought they were stronger effects.

When you buy something from Bill Malone a big thing you take is his great presenations for effects that are already out there. He performs alot of old effects with a fresh style and hes very entertaining to watch.

so get on the loose first although they are both worth the money

Sep 1, 2007
I watched through "Here I Go Again" volumes 2 and 3 today and I have to say volume 2 definitely worth a look for his outstanding work on the Poker Deal.

It was the Lorayne Poker Deal that got me started as a paid performer, and I've never had anything but stunned reactions when I perform it; it's a great trick. I don't know if the routining shown is original with Bill, but it's the first time I've seen it done in this particular way and he takes it to a whole new level by releasing the potential that was in there all along. This is going straight in my working repertoire.

Also really enjoyed the "No Look Aces" on this volume. The coins across routine is a thing of beauty that just might inspire me to dip my toes in the murky waters of coin magic. His presentation for the Chicago Opener is golden - another one that may well make it into my repertoire.

Volume 3 hasn't had much time to sink in yet, but also very nice. Less to suit me, but that's not to say it won't suit you. I have to say its the first "Cannibal Cards" routine I've seen that I've actually liked!

Dec 3, 2007
NYC
i'm a fan of Cannibal Cards and of Bill Malone. i have his first set of dvd's and they are definitely worth the purchase.

i plan on purchasing the Here I go Again set soon. the only thing preventing me is money to buy it with.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results