Black Scorpion?

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Made on Bicycle stock, nothing at all fancy. The colors are, contrary to what some people will say, not very attractive. Yellow and black are cool, but this is not a successful attempt at this color combination. The scorpion design looks incredibly cheesy when you have the deck in your hands. This is in my collection, but will never make it into the rotation of cards I use.

My opinion (disagree if you like)? Don't bother.

L

Nov 9, 2010
I bought one for 11 dollars in a magic shop when I was visiting the US this fall. I haven't played around with it very much but from what I can tell you Lyle has expressed just about what I feel about it. It seems to handle okay but nothing special. The colors weren't jumping out the way I was hoping and I have been kicking myself for paying 11 dollars for it.

And yes, you are allowed to kick me for it too.

Oct 12, 2009
Navarre, Florida
They are bikes so they'll handle about the same as any other bikes. So assuming you like how bikes handle it basically just hinges on if the look of those cards suit your style. Your call.

Side note: I just realized they are called black scorpions and the color scheme matches that of Scorpion from Mortal Kombat.

Yeah I agree with Lyle, the fronts of the deck give me the same feeling of looking at a bee deck's back. Very very jaring and not pleasing to my eyes. The cout cards are eye sores and since it is magic makers, I'd expect the quality to be the same as my Rider back cards.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Save your money. They are not worth it. There is nothing special about the handling, stock, or anything. I'd rather buy a few packs of Master's from E or Sentinels from here.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results