Black Tiger Decks

Sep 3, 2007
Canada, Quebec
I guess there's not much point in asking about the quality on E decks because this really depends on one's preference.

Two extreme positions have been adopted by various people. So my advice would be buying a deck, and try it yourself.

But in my opinion (it's just MY opinion, and it's not an absolute truth, unlike some of the responses), the E decks are not that bad if you use it to perform magic; they are ver smooth. But maybe not the perfect cards for magic.

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
While I personally consider the Vipers and Tigers not to be worth the money, I do find them to handle better than standard Bicycles. The only deck I've preferred to either of them is the Guardians, which have a subtle one-way back design that may lead someone to suspect marked cards.

Personal preference among the Ellusionist decks: circle-back Vipers. Look great, work great. Try a deck. See what you think.

Sep 2, 2007
jeebus but there's some serious n00b-ness and total misinformation going on in here. black tiger decks, or any of the UV500 finish, are AWESOME. I own over 550 decks right now and am totally obsessed with studying and comparing finish, cut, stock, etc.

it is random to say "i had some black tigers and they got bad after a day" because honstly that could happen with any deck if you treat them bad.

none of the people talking smack about black tigers are actually skilled so why believe their BS?, look at people like webghost that throws down PERFECT fans , he says and I quote, that the UV500 finish is so good it almost feels like cheating.

fletcher. I was the one that said that. lol

E decks are good though...while they last.

I treated the really good and they fanned in clumps after a day. And I washed my hand right before handling themm all the time.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Correct. Bike Decks normally last about 2 days for me, and E decks usually last 1-3. I prefer Bikes for quality, E Decks for looks.

Sep 5, 2007
Once again, Guardians pwn all. End of story.

not to sound like a T11 hater or anything, but i totally dissagree on this thing.
i dont like the guardians. they dont last, they have a wierd stock, and they look kinda futuristic and funky for my taste. both 1st ed and the 2nd. the 2nd edition is better but it still isnt very nice for my taste.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Maybe you got a bad deck. All mine are damn near perfect. I only have six, but they seem really, really nice so far.

Jan 27, 2008
How can someone say the Ellusionist cards sucks? Those cards are of a much higher quality than your average deck and has always held up for me!

I think the best deck of cards is a broken-in deck of cards. Why? Because the cards are extremely mallabe, fan-able, weave-able and, virtually, un-crimpable.

If you took one card out of my deck and tried to bend the top edge of the card all the way down to the bottom edge (kind of like folding it in half) to the point where it's almost completely folded, bend it back, and the return it to my deck, you couldn't even tell that card was ever crimped.

Albeit it can do that, it still fans and faros like never before.

Personally, I like to go with the weaker cards like Bicycle's because they are so mallable when broken-in. However, It's almost impossible (for me) to try to mega-break-in my E decks as they are always so fregin' stiff and if they are bent, they are crimped and crimped forever.

HOWEVER, it's all about personal preference and purpose. BUT, I don't want to hear ANYONE say that the Ellusionist's decks sucks because YOU simply don't know how to handle cards, my friends.

I personally have handled the Black Tiger's, The Fan-Backed Viper's, and the Ghost Deck's and they are all great decks, really. The Vipers seem to be very thick and extremely fan-able and faro-able and I think would be ideal for the cardist. The Tiger's Deck ever so slighty thinner than the Viper's, and the Ghost Deck is the thinnest out of those three but they warp.... Sometimes really, really badly.

I have heard that all of E's custom decks are of the same quality (with exception of the 1800's and RED/BLUE gaffs) but I highly doubt that because the price ranges are diverse along with everyone else's opinion.

I'll talk more about this later.

..:Z:..

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results