Blank Deck Routine

Sep 3, 2008
ny
Blank deck

I didn't like it. I think you over emphasized the blankness of the cards without further proving they were blank. I mean if you say the cards are blank 20 times show the whole deck blank then. The thing you did around 43 secs with your thumb ruined the effect for me completely. I mean it looked like you were taking the top card and showing me the same bottom card every time. I didn't like that you didn't spread or thumb fan the deck while it was blank. Also when you had a selected card it was taken from the bottom of the top packet which looked odd. I like the overall idea though just needs to be ironed out more. My advice is to look at other blank deck routines and build on the ones you like or incorporate their ideas into yours. And find a better place to put the card other then on your arm.

thanks

Aug 1, 2009
Work on the sleights some and get it down smooth. Put more emphasis on why your doing what your doing. Nice job trying to create stuff just work on it some. But nice start. Check out my channel on youtube.
TheMagicofAdam

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Not bad man. As others have mentioned. Get the patter down smoothly, don't emphasize the "blankness" so many times, and it is almost there. You can reverse fan the cards and show them blank. I think your effect though is pretty much the "mental photography deck" though.

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
Yes I would do a blank fan so you can clearly see ALL the cards are blank.

The big illogical thing for me was the fact that you spun one of the blank cards face up and obviously nothing happened but then for the final reveal you said to get the final card (nine of hearts) to be printed you'd have to spin it. And so it is printed. It is just illogical that you spin a blank card and nothing happens and later you spin a blank card and it is printed.

The patter will come with scripting and performing the effect many times for real people.

Work on your DL and slights which are rocky. If you have to cut the deck and riffle force a card make sure the audience can't see the huge line in the front of the deck that you cut to.
These things are important because then you might look sloppy. The audience is giving you their time so you should pay them back with quality and smoothness.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
You mean you made an effect has been around for decades... >_>

You need to work on the ability to stop stating the obvious, and also need to work on a better presentation.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results