Blinking effect by jean luc bertrand review

Sashacrespi

Elite Member
Oct 29, 2011
SORRY FOR THE BAD GRAMMAR,I HAD TO RUSH THROUGHT THIS!

Hey guys,this is my review on Blinking Effect by Jean Luc Bertrand
i bought my dvd from JL himself and i must say i adored it!

Dvd cover:

the dvd is red,with a picture of JLB
The back is filled with images and information on the meaning of this dvd set
you get 2 dvds and one gimmick,its the simplest of all gimmicks,you will be dissapointed with the gimmick at first,but after watching the dvd,u will think its useful.
the inside dvd case has the credits for all the effects,french and english

The gimmick:
It's a well produced gimmick,you get about 20,each gimmick can be used numerous times,or just thrown away after each use,they are fairly cheap,so jean Luc will probably make refills available(you don't really need them)
You only use the gimmick in one effect(taught in the DVD)but you can literally use it in millions,
They are very portable,they can be carried in your wallet

The production quality:

THIS IS THE BEST PRODUCED,FILMED,EDITED,....DVD I HAVE EVER SEEN,IN AND OUT OF MAGIC
i talked to JLB about it,and he told me it took him 9 months to edit,film,...
there is a music in the background whilst he makes gimmicks,or sets things up,but the setups are quick,the gimmicks are idiotproof,and some of them are useful (how to seal a deck of cards,...),the music is nice,and it does not distract you from the importance of the setups.The setup/gimmicks are done in a side camera,with written instruction,music,and a real ambiance

The effects:

There are 8 effects:ranging between mentalism,pickpocketism,cards under asses,roses,flash,coincidences,...
my favourite is probably the ring on the foot of the glass(the name escapes me),you do need a "friend",but its extremely simple to do for both of you.
there is another routine with the included gimmick,which is an invisible deck style routine,but the deck is sealed,and normal.
There is a thing with a coin (mentalism piece) which i tought was nice,but not my style

He teaches you how to make a pack of cards appear from a pack of cigarettes,dissapear,how to switch packs in between performances,...

THERE IS A WATCH STEAL THAT I,TWO OTHER PICKPOCKETS AND APOLLO ROBBINS HIMSELF BELIEVE IS FAKE,BUT JEAN LUC TOLD ME ITS REAL,AND I (COUGH) BELIEVE HIM
there is a great effect with a cigarette and a card,...

The bonus disc:

the bonus disc has a 35 minute movie,wich i have not seen yet,a fun bonus routine and a clip from a show Jean Luc has in Paris

The overall dvd (what you learnt):

Jean Luc teaches u how to be friends with audiences,as in one routine you kind of have to be,he teaches a top change numerous times,he teaches how to produce roses,......

tHIS IS ONE OF THE BEST DVDS TO COME OUT IN THE LAST 5 YEARS,ITS DEFENETELY NOT FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT WILL MAKE YOU A BETTER MAGICIAN,I GIVE IT A SOLID

97%

I could continue all night,because i forgot some stuff,but my dad needs his computer

Jean Luc,my hat is off to you

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results