Blog :: Check It Out

Nov 30, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
I've just put up my blog at RobinCarey.com
My posts will be pertaining to magic (card magic, that is).
I'll be discussing a wide range of topics with each post, and hopefully it will be updating frequently. I would really appreciate it if any of you here could read my thoughts and comment. I want to generate as much discussion as possible, so feel free to let me know what you think.

The first post up now is a short one about beginning in magic; both my experience and small bits of advice I have to offer. The next one will most likely be about character or persona in magic, as it's been the forefront of my mind lately.

-Robin

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Too anyone who cares this is my blog, http://blog.jden.me

J.

Way to pretentiously hijack the thread :rolleyes:

Nice blog Robin, I'll check it out every once in a while, maybe i'll find new ideas to think about. I'd suggest you focus on posting based on experience - getting paid, booking, learning - all these things are great to read and are doubleplus good to know.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Dude, not cool to hijack the thread...

Robin, there's a post about motivation somewhere around here that's pretty recent so I won't answer the question about what pushes you - but I will say this - I've been in magic for double the length of time you have, and the world of magic doesn't get any less impressive! It's amazing how many good magicians there are, and it's still quite daunting, and I still know next to nothing!

Nov 30, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Way to pretentiously hijack the thread :rolleyes:

Nice blog Robin, I'll check it out every once in a while, maybe i'll find new ideas to think about. I'd suggest you focus on posting based on experience - getting paid, booking, learning - all these things are great to read and are doubleplus good to know.

Thanks Gus. Any comments or feedback are appreciated. And good advice too, I'll make sure to share any information based on experience I can.

Dude, not cool to hijack the thread...

Robin, there's a post about motivation somewhere around here that's pretty recent so I won't answer the question about what pushes you - but I will say this - I've been in magic for double the length of time you have, and the world of magic doesn't get any less impressive! It's amazing how many good magicians there are, and it's still quite daunting, and I still know next to nothing!

I was just thinking the same thing today. There's just so much content out there right now, and I'm having trouble keeping afloat above the hype for it all! I've made sure to focus more so on what suites me as a performer though, and hopefully I'm heading in the right direction.

Also, Everyone here knows (well should know) that EMC is coming up on Thursday. Tomorrow I will be writing an entry pertaining to this conference, and if you haven't signed up, why you should. More importantly though, I'm going to be doing a sort of play-by-play after each day. At the end of the day's session I will be recapping the highlights and what I found really interesting about it. Along with photos my friend and I take during the "festivities".

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I like the play by play idea. Everyone takes different things from it so it will be an interesting thing to see what other people read into things. It's a pity that the time zone conversion is so bad for me, first session starts at midnight/1 AM, and last one starts at 6:30 AM!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results