BoBo's Modern Coin Magic

a friends has this book i kinda glanced through it and to me it just seemed to be just simple maneuvers like a palm or a switch are these really important?
i ask cause im getting into coin magic and dont know if i should read the book completely or just ignore it and get silver dream or something

Aug 27, 2008
Tijuana bC
your asking if the palm and the switches are important? let me just ssay that the simplest stuff is sometimes the most important of all... bobo forms a foundation you will need during all of your coin magic journey... so even if its simple try to understand the move and then try to see how you can incorporate it into your style. nothing is to simple to not know to 100%

Nov 1, 2008
Do NOT discount this book as outdated or outmoded. It will help you to form a solid foundation in coin magic that will let you perform all the shiny effects of today.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
I guarantee you will regret getting Silver Dream when you can't do basic palms and switches.

I suggest you read bobo's book and also get the following:

Michael Ammar's Complete Introduction to coin magic (Awesome beginner coin magic dvd)

-Modern Coin Magic DVD set (its rather expensive but it will explain everything in the book on video.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
This book is wonderful and one of the best on the subject. A great place to start or continue to study coins.

Cheers!

Jan 21, 2008
Northern Ireland
I use Bobo's Book and also Ben Salinas DVD set both make a great starting set for any magicians who want to get into coin magic.

I also recommend David Stone's Basic coin magic vol 1 & 2 and Michael Ammar's into to coin magic DVD.

Regards

Danny Telford

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I suggest you read the book and learn 90% of the sleights in it, then practice them while watching TV. Because just about every Coin magic DVD or book uses all of the sleights in the book. Most are variations on the classic sleights. But once you've semi mastered the stuff in the book. Learning anything else will not be foreign to you.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Well I haven't finished reading it but I'd think the Coins to Glass stuff is still good (just don't use the patter in the book. You'll end up sounding weird and kind of stupid.)

Sep 23, 2008
Selma, NC
I've read through the entire book, and I think you should too. It has amazing tips on things such as the switches and vanishes. It even teaches you tricks with gimmicks. And I love the misers dream.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
100% of the things in the book are used by literally every coin guy out there. Just that most now days use variations on most. Tho learning the classics will help you get used to using coins and make learning newer sleights easier on you.

Aug 19, 2008
this book is probably the best source for coin magic out there. the effects might not be that hard hitting, but it will get u started. i also recommend Jay Noblezada's In the beginning there were coins

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results