Bone Ho Anaconda Dribble - Released

May 9, 2008
Hey Guys! I've been practicing this move for about 30 minutes now, and I'm picking it up very quickly! I've already got about an 8" Anaconda! We'll I guess it's more of a gardener snake at only 8" but hey, for 30 minutes of practice it ain't half bad! Now I know some of you may think I'm lying, but I'm not. I'm an avid juggler of clubs, I am a musician, I play the french horn in a community band, I can somewhat play trumpet, clarinet, and the alto sax. I can type 50-60 words per minute. I've been doing oragami since I was in 5th grade. I've been a fisherman since I was a kid, so tying knots is a must and requires skilled fingers. In other words, I'm great with my hands. All my life I've liked working with my hands.

Here are some pointers...

Grip is vital! Make sure that you're not gripping too tightly, especially don't let the pad/tip of your middle finger or ring finger over hang on the bottom of the deck otherwise the cards will flip. Your ring and middle fingers need to be exactly flush with the bottom of the deck when you start the dribble.

Make sure the cards are level when you dribble them!! This may seem obvious, but from months of practicing card springs close to chest at an angle from my right shoulder to my lift hip, it's a little tricky making the transition. SO.... to keep the cards level move the deck about 2 feet away from your chest. This will help keep the cards level, so when they fall, they all fall in a straight line and will stick together, almost by themselves.

ALSO make sure that you're cleanly dribbling the cards one-by-one by riffling the cards with your thumb while pushing down closely to the corner with your index finger. If you don't know how to riffle, practice that before practicing this move. This is as important as riffling the cards one-by-one in the lepaul spread.

REMEMBER this is a dribble not a card spring, so you don't need a lot of force, don't rush this! GENTLY push down with the index finger, while riffling the cards off of your thumb.

These are subtle things that I've noticed have really helped me learn the Anaconda. I've got a long ways to go before this is perfected, but following these steps I know I'll be there in no time, as will you!

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
In a way im a bit unhappy that Bone released this because its such a great move. However its been a long time coming and I think everyone deserves the right to learn it the proper way.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Hey Guys! I've been practicing this move for about 30 minutes now, and I'm picking it up very quickly! I've already got about an 8" Anaconda! We'll I guess it's more of a gardener snake at only 8" but hey, for 30 minutes of practice it ain't half bad! Now I know some of you may think I'm lying, but I'm not. I'm an avid juggler of clubs, I am a musician, I play the french horn in a community band, I can somewhat play trumpet, clarinet, and the alto sax. I can type 50-60 words per minute. I've been doing oragami since I was in 5th grade. I've been a fisherman since I was a kid, so tying knots is a must and requires skilled fingers. In other words, I'm great with my hands. All my life I've liked working with my hands.

Here are some pointers...

Grip is vital! Make sure that you're not gripping too tightly, especially don't let the pad/tip of your middle finger or ring finger over hang on the bottom of the deck otherwise the cards will flip. Your ring and middle fingers need to be exactly flush with the bottom of the deck when you start the dribble.

Make sure the cards are level when you dribble them!! This may seem obvious, but from months of practicing card springs close to chest at an angle from my right shoulder to my lift hip, it's a little tricky making the transition. SO.... to keep the cards level move the deck about 2 feet away from your chest. This will help keep the cards level, so when they fall, they all fall in a straight line and will stick together, almost by themselves.

ALSO make sure that you're cleanly dribbling the cards one-by-one by riffling the cards with your thumb while pushing down closely to the corner with your index finger. If you don't know how to riffle, practice that before practicing this move. This is as important as riffling the cards one-by-one in the lepaul spread.

REMEMBER this is a dribble not a card spring, so you don't need a lot of force, don't rush this! GENTLY push down with the index finger, while riffling the cards off of your thumb.

These are subtle things that I've noticed have really helped me learn the Anaconda. I've got a long ways to go before this is perfected, but following these steps I know I'll be there in no time, as will you!

Paraphrased:

Hey guys! 30 minutes later, I have 8" and growing fast! I've realised how important grip is! :D

*cough*

lol sorry, had to say it :p

Jan 31, 2008
Paraphrased:

Hey guys! 30 minutes later, I have 8" and growing fast! I've realised how important grip is! :D

*cough*

lol sorry, had to say it :p

Yeah, no sh*t. A tight grip helps a bit better although some say the tight grip is kinda uncomfortable and prefer a looser grip to cut down on friction. I freakin love this move, I haven't found another move with such a wide range of joke potential....

EDIT: What the hell happened to the other responses from me regarding practice?!

I think that all that needs to be said is that Bone's Anaconda is the longest I've ever seen, and that all the rest of you are just exaggerating the size of your Anacondas. Nobody's is as big as Bone's.
Practicing with a firm grip isn't going to change much, it'll just get you exhausted.
Sometimes it's best to get someone to inspect your anaconda, and see if there's anything wrong with it.
Don't worry if you don't think it's long enough, I know plenty of people who've never even seen an anaconda before, so don't worry about it.
It doesn't matter if it's long, just as long as it's nice and smooth ;)

I think that all that needs to be said is that Bone's Anaconda is the longest I've ever seen, and that all the rest of you are just exaggerating the size of your Anacondas. Nobody's is as big as Bone's.
Practicing with a firm grip isn't going to change much, it'll just get you exhausted.
Sometimes it's best to get someone to inspect your anaconda, and see if there's anything wrong with it.
Don't worry if you don't think it's long enough, I know plenty of people who've never even seen an anaconda before, so don't worry about it.
It doesn't matter if it's long, just as long as it's nice and smooth ;)

the anaconda is hard to measure with a ruler.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results