Books on magic THEORY

Jun 13, 2013
Germany
Hello my fellows,

I am searching for some books that can help me to raise my level of a restaurant magician (beginner :) ) I've already bought Designing Miracle and I will continue to by The Approach, CloseUp Secrets by Stone and Strong Magic. I am looking for books that deal with how to handle people. Do you have something in that direction?
Cheers
Philipp
PS. If you can, pls name a book that has practical restaurant magic.

Jun 13, 2013
Germany
thanks a lot krab. in which time period do you think these books will affect me, better speaking how long will it take me to apply everything appropriate?

Apr 17, 2013
Five points, Art of Close up magic and Magic and Showmanship are pretty good places to start. Five points is about using using the eyes the voice the hands the feet and the body to make your magic more powerful. It uses from effects to showcase what he is teaching in the book. The Art of Close up magic is a Burger book so it is heavy on the how and why things should be done with some effects to showcase what he is teaching like the other book. Magic and Showmanship talks about how to get away from the play by play and how to frame your magic instead of forcing it onto people.

Tim H.(4)

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
Kansas City
While you'll have years of study/application ahead with the books already listed, I would note one additional book: Absolute Magic by Derren Brown.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I'll throw a short book that has immediate exercises and further exercises dealing with speaking in front of people as well doing magic written by the Millionaires Magician Steve Cohen.

The book is called Win the Crowd - it's inexpensive (I think I got it for $12-13) and can be found at most barnes and nobles. This little book won't take long to read but the information is gold - no filler - and I find myself constantly referencing the contents for more hidden gems.

Nicholas17

Elite Member
May 28, 2008
Kentucky
They're out of print and hard to get copies of, but I have to mention Pure Effect and Absolute Magic by Derren Brown. There's some amazing stuff in those guys.

Oct 5, 2012
Magic in Mind is a free compilation of all sorts of essays on magic theory, it is available for free at Vanishing Inc.

The Structural Conception of Magic by Ascanio is expensive, but worth it.

The Books of Wonder have a lot of strong theory essays...Carneycopia does, too.

Magic in Theory by Peter Lamont and Richard Wiseman also has some good stuff.

The other area to consider is books on body language and interpersonal communication...management psychology and sales books would work for that.

You already have the best two, though: Designing Miracles and Strong Magic.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results