Bottom Deal Help

May 7, 2008
Hey guys,
Been practicing my bottom for a while.. could use some help with it.
I've got a video here that i posted on youtube asking for some help.
it's the Erdnase grip with a strike style deal.
Please let me know if theres any tips or anything you would add or anything you can see.
it's an uncut unrehearsed clip, as you wouldn't get to have a second chance in real life.
Thanks in advance!

Sagar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXfeySIsS1w

Sep 1, 2007
One little thing that I find helps a lot is if before you start, you give the bottom of the deck a concave bend (inward, towards the floor) as if you are doing a Le Paul Spread. This makes the removal of the bottom cards easier.

Hope that helps.

P.S. Also, you may want to push the top card over a little more for cover when you execute the bottom deal. Don't forget to use your third finger to help the cards off the bottom.

May 7, 2008
Thanks for that!
I was trying to do it without the 3rd finger buckle cause everyone can seem to see that. when i do it for people up close, they always say they can tell cause of that bottom finger movement :( so i gave up on it and started the strike, which comes out alright. will try the le paul spread, that's a great idea! will try to use more cover with the top
thanks a lot for that :D

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
go get "The Card Magic of LePaul" it teaches a much easier bottom deal than that in the bible. And if you read the introduction in the erdnase book, the guy says that some of the stuff in the book is not the best method that erdanse has came up with, that includes the bottom deal, and that the better and easier techniques were never published and would be a secret forever.

May 7, 2008
thanks for the le paul book.
I used erdnase cause i can second and bottom and top from same grip. planning on practicing the Masters Grip next by Marlo as it allows the same. bottom, seconds, and tops.
I'll check up on erdnase, hoping it's a grip that allows all deals cause it's not uniform to be switchin grips.
i'll check into it tho.
Thanks a lot :D

Sep 1, 2007
Melbourne
The reason why people see your knuckle flash (third finger moving) is because you are not tilting enough. What helps to cover the bottom is a little bit of a wrist movement, bending toward each other when the deal starts and bending away as you deal the card. Remember to add the movement to the normal deals as well so it won't look suspicious.

Sep 16, 2007
Kent, WA state
Couple things. Like the youtube comment said, when you do the bottom deal, deal the top card off about half way to cover the bottom card, and then pull it back VERY quick with the thumb. Remember you have to mimick a normal deal the entire time when you do it. When i did it i used to bevel the dec slightly so the bottom card had an easier direction to slide. But i also bevel it anyway when i deal normally so it's not obvious.

When did a bottom deal of say a 5 card hand, i'd slip the bottom card half way out on the 2nd card dealt- the bevel covers this, so when the 5th card needs to be bottom-dealth it's an easy steal and slides right out. Also helps to use that method i just said when you have to bottom deal a 'turn' in a hand (where you deal it face up) but still steal from the bottom of the deck.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results