Bottom Deal vs. Riffle Stacking

May 6, 2012
I've been thinking about the pros and cons of the bottom deal and riffle stacking for dealing demos. I'd say that bottom dealing is just as hard as a perfect, fluid riffle stacking but bd is way more versatile and useful. Riffle stacking is completely invisible but sometimes inaccurate.
my question is: What should I learn first? I lean myself towards bottom deal since I already have a little foundation on the move. Tell me what you think about the subject

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
For dealing demonstrations, riffle stacking can prove to be very impressive to an intelligent audience. Be careful, some audiences don't understand the difficulty of the move so they aren't as impressed by it. I'd say both are fairly decent for dealing demonstrations but I'd much rather have a perfect bottom deal than a perfect riffle stack. For example, you could use riffle stacking to demonstrate putting aces into a desired position in the deck. But with bottom dealing, you could hold out a royal flush in gamblers cop while they shuffle the deck and then return it to the bottom of the deck before you start to deal. Extremely impressive trick for all audiences. So, I'd recommend learning the bottom deal before riffle stacking.

Aug 7, 2012
Learn them both, why choose one over the other? Start now on both and you will move faster then learning one then the other.

May 6, 2012
Learn them both, why choose one over the other? Start now on both and you will move faster then learning one then the other.

Because right now I'm practicing the pthrough shuffle and the strike second deal, making considering progress and even performed these to people. I need something that would complement my practice drills. I'm not able to practice both the bd and rifflestacking at the same time.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I would argue that the bottom deal is easier. Also if you plan on exposing anything a bottom deal using face up cards is more visually pleasing, than riffle stacking.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
The two of them are two completely different sleights that offer different things.

With decent Riffle stacking you can actually "Fake" a 2nd or bottom deal and do much more with it than simple poker demonstrations.

Though the Bottom deal does allow for a few other options as well.

I would also say that both are equally difficult sleights to do properly and will take a lot of effort and time to get to a point where they don't look silly or awkward.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
The two of them are two completely different sleights that offer different things.

With decent Riffle stacking you can actually "Fake" a 2nd or bottom deal and do much more with it than simple poker demonstrations.

Though the Bottom deal does allow for a few other options as well.

I would also say that both are equally difficult sleights to do properly and will take a lot of effort and time to get to a point where they don't look silly or awkward.

With a bottom you can fake, riffle stacking seconds or centers. You can also fake face up centers bottoms and seconds with bottom dealing.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results