Bought or Sleight-of-hand?

Hey Guys!

In your opinion what would you rather do: buy and perform only bought tricks, or practise till you cannot stand the sight of a pack of cards any more till you can perform sleight of hand miracles.

Or is it better to have both in your routine?

What do YOU prefer doing and why?

Thanks,

Simon_Magic

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 2, 2008
Mostly practice stuff with more slight of hand because it's better off in the long run, think about it, if some one went up to you with coins or cards and asked you to do magic but your thinking in your head (Oh man i forgot to bring my invisible deck) or (Dang im not wearing my M5).

Slight of hand is more usefull.

Nov 10, 2008
both

Hello,

Out of experience i would recommend both.

By practicing sleight of hand you can manage to improve the tricks you buy and get out of sticky situations. Also it helps you adapt the tricks to your preferences and style.

Often times the issue with the things you buy is that you cant always perform them when you want and as many times as you would wish. Therefor sleight of hand comes in and helps you manage those situations.

The advantages of buying tricks is that they've been perfected or almost and therefore alredy have been tested for stunning reactions.

Anyhow, i hope this helped, i apologize for repeating myself over the reply :p

And btw, keep in mind you do this because you like to, so just do wathever sounds good to you, and in the end, you'll see it'll pay off :)

-Jester-

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I like performing store bought effects, however, they do not give me the satisfaction as pulling off a sleight that I have worked on for over countless hours day in and day out.

Sure both types of effects get good reactions but there is just a better feeling of self satisfaction with the sleights. Whether it is cards, coins, or rubber bands, I love to just be able to floor people with moves.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results