Burning T11 downloads to DVD

Feb 22, 2008
Ive boughten some downloads from here and I would like to burn them to a DVD so that I can watch them on my TV rather that on my computer. First of all, is this possible? Second of all, what would be a good program to use to do this? I have an new HP notebook with Windows Vista and none of the DVD burning programs will allow me to burn the .mov files. I am able to burn them as a Data DVD but I want to be able to watch it on my TV.

Also, I have some files that I have downloaded using RealPlayer (.flv files I think) and I would also like to be able to burn those and watch them on my TV. Is this possible too?

Thanks in advance,
Travis

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
isnt that kind of illegal? oh well, if you go into options there will be a convert file button. select convert to whatever media device you use. load onto movie making thing. burn to dvd. or if you have a mac (yay) you can use quicktime and immediately burn to dvd

Nov 18, 2008
CA
isnt that kind of illegal? oh well, if you go into options there will be a convert file button. select convert to whatever media device you use. load onto movie making thing. burn to dvd. or if you have a mac (yay) you can use quicktime and immediately burn to dvd

i think it's only illegal if you sell the DVD. idk. maybe......not sure.......nvr mind

Feb 22, 2008
As far as I know it is not illegal. The DVD would be for my own use and would not be sold. Therefore I think it is well within the law. Anyone else have any ideas?

Nov 18, 2008
CA
As far as I know it is not illegal. The DVD would be for my own use and would not be sold. Therefore I think it is well within the law. Anyone else have any ideas?

Yeah that makes sense. Just don't make like 200 copies and try to sell them at a discount on Ebay and you'll be fine. Because THAT is what you call illegal. lol
personal use=fine

D

Deleted member 2755

Its not illegal if its a personal backup. However, I'm not lawyer. Just saying what I've heard all my life. I plan on backing up my downloads on a DVD in case my computer ever crashes.

Well I'm not really experienced with burning videos to DVD's to watch on your TV. However, if you have a video iPod with the AV cables, you can convert the video into a format that the iPod can read it, put it on your iPod, connect the iPod to the TV and there you go. (I did it with the Werm 1 on 1 a while back.) There will be a bit of quality loss, but not too much.

-Doug

nayost

Elite Member
Jun 18, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
try this web site - www.zamzar.com

you don't need any software, just upload the file, choose your conversion file type. depending on your upload/download speed, you'll get an converted file in your email box in no time. good luck!

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
I believe T11 video files are .avi (audio video interlace) and need to be converted to mpeg before burning to a disk. This allows you to play the disk on any commercial dvd player. If you use a mac I recommend iVcd a great program but costs money. Lastly I believe that you can legally make one copy as a back up without breaking a law but I would email t11 support to check. Hope that helps.

-Michael

I believe T11 video files are .avi (audio video interlace) and need to be converted to mpeg before burning to a disk. This allows you to play the disk on any commercial dvd player. If you use a mac I recommend iVcd a great program but costs money. Lastly I believe that you can legally make one copy as a back up without breaking a law but I would email t11 support to check. Hope that helps.

-Michael
Im pretty 100% sure they are .mov files. Also have you tried using Nero.

JDEN

Feb 22, 2008
Im pretty 100% sure they are .mov files. Also have you tried using Nero.

JDEN

I tried an older version of Nero on a different computer and it wouldnt work. Is the newest version that different? And yes they are .mov files. If its any help, I have an HP Laptop running Windows Vista.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results