Busking starter

Mar 25, 2018
Hey, I am thinking about starting in the busking industry doing some close-up magic in downtown. Looking for an advise regarding how to start in this industry. Also where can I buy a nice and cheap taple and an amplifier?.
I been doing magic for over 5 years and now I want to start getting money out of it. Completely new into the busking and have no idea how to sart. I would really appreciate an advise from you guys about this topic. Also I think i have 2 good routines but they are mostly cards, idk if that is good or do I need to put a little more diversity on my effects?.
Thanks

Reactions: Gabriella J

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I recommend Kozmo's "Tales from the Streets" set. He goes over everything.

I do not think an amp would be necessary at this time. Chances are you are not going to be drawing huge crowds, and there's also frequently sound regulations that prevent amplified sound anyway. Better to practice using your voice properly.

At the most basic, Busking is just getting some people's attention, and using them to pull more people in, then doing some tricks, and asking for money. The nuances of those steps, though, are vast and varied.

Jimmy Talksalot is another good source for busking information. He's got a blog that should be easy to find.

I don't recommend doing a lot of card tricks. Particularly not pick-a-card-find-a-card tricks. There's no incentive for someone who walks up halfway through a trick like that to stay around to the end. You need stuff that's fun and interesting at all times, regardless of when someone comes into the show.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results