By Forces Unseen

Jul 2, 2008
singapore
Is By forces unseen a hard cover book? and do i have to know any certain sleights before hand or do they go into detailed teaching on sleights required or do they require you to know certain sleights before hand? And if there are sleights required to be known/perfected before hand what are they? Thanks guys :)

Aug 7, 2008
Is By forces unseen a hard cover book? and do i have to know any certain sleights before hand or do they go into detailed teaching on sleights required or do they require you to know certain sleights before hand? And if there are sleights required to be known/perfected before hand what are they? Thanks guys :)

it is a hard cover book, and im pretty sure the sleights used are explained as you go along. i dont think you will be needing to know anything before you get the book, although i would not recommend this book to a beginniner since the material in here is quite difficult...

Jul 2, 2008
singapore
hmmm thanks for the advice, im not exactly a seasoned magician but im pretty sure i can practice stuff in there.. just wanted to know if i needed to get any other material in there for the sleights required in there. :) ill pick this up together with paper engine after my major exams together with collateral i hope :) thanks again :)

Apr 30, 2008
Sweden, Vänersborg
By forces unseen was the first magic book i ever bought. When i opened it i discovered that it wasent for beginners. Its a great book. A bit hard and alot of palming in it.

Jul 2, 2008
singapore
You like a challenge? I picked up a copy today and if by challenge you mean ripping your eyes out because you cannot perfect claptrap or longtividual swivel steal, yes, there are many "challenges" in there
lol ill try not to rip my eyes out :p but its expected u cannot perfect new sleights in a day or two. Ill be practicing till i get it smooth. Anyways i got 2 months to get the book down. Its around 1 month till the start of school :) must start practicing once i get my copy tmr :D

lol ill try not to rip my eyes out :p but its expected u cannot perfect new sleights in a day or two. Ill be practicing till i get it smooth. Anyways i got 2 months to get the book down. Its around 1 month till the start of school :) must start practicing once i get my copy tmr :D

Two months to get the book down?! I got the book in July and I just finished Proteus...

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Mhmm... 2 months is a HUGE underestimation for how long it'll take you to get the book down.

As RM said, he got the book in July and it's taken him 'til now to have finished Proteus. I got the book around Easter time and I've only now gotten to the point with Jack Syna(ce)pses where I'm comfortable with performing it.

However, that is possibly my favourite effect in the book so yeah. :p

- Sean

Start of school? Where do you live? I Live in Ohio and school started 10 weeks ago

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
it is a hard cover book, and im pretty sure the sleights used are explained as you go along. i dont think you will be needing to know anything before you get the book, although i would not recommend this book to a beginniner since the material in here is quite difficult...

It was written by Stephen Minch, so obviously the effects are described in painstaking detail. Not one nuance left unnoted. Excellent.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results