Calling on Team Awesome

Nov 2, 2008
Arkansas
I need some help with an effect. Here is my basic idea. The contents of two sealed soda cans switch. Dr.pepper is in a seven up and seven up in a dr.pepper. Ideas?

May 3, 2008
Um...I don't really see what you're asking. Do you realize that Team Awesome are primarily awesome for their flourishing?

May 18, 2008
Well, I am not OFFICIALLY part of team awesome, but that is a GREAT idea. Do you have a starting point other than the basic idea?

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Wow..I like the concept / idea. Maybe there could be a hidden compartment that keeps the other pop in it that can pour out. Sort of like the way the tea kettle trick works for holding the silks.

Maybe the can can be divided in two compartments horizontally or vertically with some type of insert and based on how you turn or hold the can to pour, you could get either pop out at the correct time.

I don't know...just brainstorming.

Apr 15, 2009
New Jersey
I'm positive I have already seen it done somewhere, I completely forgot where though. I'll look around, I'll tell you once I find it

D

Deleted member 2755

I like the idea. :) Ill try to think of something. I'll post if any ideas come to mind. I actually already have somewhat of an idea, but it would be nearly impossible to do.... I like this concept and will work on it. :D

-Doug

Heavy duty gimmick. Two cans with separate compartments and rotating mouths. It'd be a b***h to construct, but i'm sure it could be done. It'd have one side smaller than the other side, and have the smaller side filled with the original drink from the can. The opposite drink in the bigger side, so if you pour the drink out, it would look like almost like a full can, giving a better illusion than if the cans were half and half. So you'd open both cans, pour a little out, to show it's just the regular drink. Rotate the tops (secretly of course), and empty the cans into a glass.

I'm also thinking of the division in the can's contents being horizontal instead, but this is all just me typing while I think.

Jun 12, 2009
There is an easier way. Go watch or buy Addict by Edo - The Ultimate Can Penetration. It will teach you how to make a gimmick that can be used for this.

Dec 16, 2008
Austin, TX
I think a transmogrification machine would do the trick for this :p

But seriously, I love the idea. though You'd have to make it look like a spur of the moment thing. Like at a party where there are already 2 types of sodas

I think a transmogrification machine would do the trick for this :p

But seriously, I love the idea. though You'd have to make it look like a spur of the moment thing. Like at a party where there are already 2 types of sodas

Dump em' off as you go into the cooler?... Actually, you'd have to leave them in there to get cold first and hope no one grabs them. Pulling out warm cans from a filled cooler wouldn't look right :rolleyes:.

you could play with the idea of placing dye in the bottom of two opaque cups and clearly pouring 7 up in the one with the brown dye and vise versa with the Dr. pepper. If youd like. a lil more practical (not much, but a lil) than gimmicky cans

Apr 1, 2009
California
dude, I had the exact same idea, but then I thought I heard something said about cans... and it seemed a bit more... iffy.

Aug 18, 2008
For the light colored soda to dark colored. You could have some sort of gimmicked bottle with a separate compartment below the label. If the seal was broken the light colored soda would mix with the dark and you wouldnt be able to tell the light was there. Cool little transformation idea.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
It has already been done. this exact effect.
The product is Spirit Can by David Ethan.
its cheap, but its only a booklet.
I think its a ridiculous trick to prepare but the effects are freaking amazing.
1. You play 3 can monte. two cokes, one fanta. you cover them with shakers or whatever, and mix them. they pick the fanta can but you pour out coke, you open one of the coke and its fanta.
2. you take out a can of orange soda, you shake it up. but when you open it, only water comes out. you pour it again, orange soda powder pours out.
3. you open a can of orange juice and nothing pours out, you cut the can open and you find an orange,

Heres the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIbTw3cfKD0

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results