Can TNR be presented in a Believe sort of way?

May 10, 2008
I was just wondering, would it be possible to present TNR in the sort of way that believe does. (I.e. this isnt your card, but i want you to pretend that it is) And then in the end, when you reveal the card that is different from the one you put back together, can it be their card (not necessarily signed)?

thx

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Absolutely!

In fact I think that's a fantastic way of presenting it.

"I want you to pretend it's your card and we'll piece it back together nice and slowly..."

You could even (if you wanted) slowly start to reveal information about their selection as you do that (being as you know what it is anyway). Incorporating a bit of mentalism into it as well, of course you don't have to; s'all you man.

Nice thinking man!:)

- Sean

May 18, 2008
Canada
Hey thats a good idea! Cause you're going to reveal that it's their card anyway.
It might sound better than, 'by the way, i've changed this card into you're card'.
I don't see how you could restore a signed card by this method though, that won't work.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
You could do this signed for a spectator but not in the traditional sense. What I mean is that you have to do the signature as part of the routine i.e. revealing the change and then adding the signature onto it in their hands.

- Sean

Sep 1, 2007
You could do this signed for a spectator but not in the traditional sense. What I mean is that you have to do the signature as part of the routine i.e. revealing the change and then adding the signature onto it in their hands.

- Sean

I like the way you are thinking Sean. :D

May 18, 2008
Canada
Ok, so what exactly do you mean, adding the signature onto it afterward in thier hands? You're going to sign the restored card and... what... do another trick with it?

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
As in you have them sign their selection at the start.

When you restored the card etc. you turn it round and it's changed. You place the card in their hands, a little magic, a puff of smoke whatever and their signature is also restored onto it.

Like I said it's all part of the routine as a whole.

- Sean

May 18, 2008
Canada
Ok, so you know of a method where I can place the TnR card into thier hands (immediatly after the restoration and change), and then change it?
So it would go like this. Ok, since I failed to find your signed card, I'll tear up an indifferent card, restore it, change it into another card, here would you like to check it out? Bam! Now it's your signed card!

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
1. Force end result TnR card.

2. Pretend to reveal their card, showing the wrong card.

3. Claim you messed up, and will instead do something else.

4. Rip up the wrong card, and go to restore it, TnR style.

5. For the last piece, perform the corner change to their card, and restore that piece.

6. Show the rest of the restored card has followed the last corner, and changed to their original one.

7. Take your bow. :)

-ThrallMind

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results