Canadian Bicycle decks... where to buy?

Sep 3, 2007
Norway
I've been searching the net for some store that sell the Canadian version (IPCC) of Bicycle, but without luck. I always seem to end up at eBay Canada or some other site that just sell regular USPCC Bicycle. I guess there are some Canadians here... where do you buy them, if there's anyone buying them online at all? I'm from Norway, so I have to get them online. Aren't there any magic webstores that are Canadian out there?

I appreciate any help! ;)

Jul 23, 2007
New York, NY
Hey there, why do you need the Canadian version? The biggest difference as far as I can tell is that the box doesn't show the back design, but the "front" on both sides... one French, one English (going by memory).

They are sold EVERYWHERE around here (Walmart, any major pharmacy). Unfortunately I couldn't tell you which ones the magic stores sell though.

I know of 3 in Canada, that also have websites: Morrissey's Magic, Browser's Den, and Kind of Magic. You could try calling them up and see what they have in stock.

Sep 3, 2007
Norway
Hey there, why do you need the Canadian version? The biggest difference as far as I can tell is that the box doesn't show the back design, but the "front" on both sides... one French, one English.

Why do I have to explain myself? Has anybody ever said on this forum "Why do you need Guardians?"

Man...

Ok, at least you could help me, in addition to that unecessary comment. Thanks for the links, mate! ;)

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
Richard's got it right. The only difference I know of is the box design. But if you're really interested, and none of the shops Richard recomended carry them, I can personally send you a few.

Sep 3, 2007
Norway
Richard's got it right. The only difference I know of is the box design. But if you're really interested, and none of the shops Richard recomended carry them, I can personally send you a few.

Are you people trying to insult my intelligence here? Off course I know the difference! Why on earth would I look for a deck I didn't know anything about?

It seems I have to explain my reasons after all... but it feels rather silly...

I am looking for the Canadian version because "the box doesn't show the back design, but the "front" on both sides... one French, one English"...

Hopefully, that is a legitimate answer...

What I don't understand, is why you want to help out a guy that has a "need" that you really can't understand or see a good reason for?

PS: Don't get me wrong here, I'm not particulary offended, angry or anything like that, just a bit... how should I say... discouraged/resigned about your approach to my question. ;)

Sep 3, 2007
Norway
I'm so sure people will be so glad to help you with that attitude of yours.

I'm the one with an attitude?? Oh well... I've just got the concept of "attitude" and politeness completely wrong then I guess...

I kindly ask for help here... and then the first replies I get are people questioning my reasons for asking. I think that is a strange way to respond, but then again, I might just have got the wrong idea...

I'm the one with an attitude?? Oh well... I've just got the concept of "attitude" and politeness completely wrong then I guess...

I kindly ask for help here... and then the first replies I get are people questioning my reasons for asking. I think that is a strange way to respond, but then again, I might just have got the wrong idea...

At least they helped you at all........They could have freaked out about you asking where to buy them, like you did about them asking why you needed to buy them.

Nov 6, 2007
Whoa! I'm Canadian and I've never noticed the whole star/$ difference before. I just took a look at my joker collection and indeed there are some with $ and some with stars! (considering I have both U.S. and Canadian bikes). Pretty cool.

And Anonymous II, you do have an attitude. Just thought I should let you know. I was wondering the same thing myself, why would you want Canadian bikes? I like ones from the U.S. because they have the back designs on the box.

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
Yeah, they asked the question out of curiousity to a curious question.

Asking where one can find Guardians, or red backed Nuggets is a bit different than asking where one can find Bikes made in Canada.

There is nothing WRONG with the request, but it is an interesting one, which is why it peeked peoples interest. Don't be so *****y just because people here have an interest in you.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
May I ask, what's the big deal over the star/$ and the "double front box?"

*clears throat* Ahem. I am only asking this out of curiosity, not with attitude and I am certainly not attacking you in any way.

J

Jake Samways

Are yours made in London, Ontario?

Hey, what's this about London, Ontario?

I lived in London, Ontario for 2 years.
Im half Candadian, and also my Grandparents and Uncle live in London, Ontario.

Are you from London Cory?

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results