Card Collecting/Storage

Apr 22, 2011
I just recently started collecting decks of cards (very small collection for now) but I was wondering if there were any suggested ways to store decks of cards to keep them in mint condition (some sort of case).
I do have a card guard but I'm guessing those are just for decks you carry around.

Thank you,

First post on the forums XD

Jun 10, 2010
I just recently started collecting decks of cards (very small collection for now) but I was wondering if there were any suggested ways to store decks of cards to keep them in mint condition (some sort of case).
I do have a card guard but I'm guessing those are just for decks you carry around.

Thank you,

First post on the forums XD

Keep them in a plastic container. And make sure it's not in an area that's too hot or too cold, or they'll warp. Room temperature of around 68 degrees Fahrenheit is good (around 20 degrees Celsius). It doesn't have to be precisely that, but something within 5-10 degrees Fahrenheit of that'll probably be good.

It'd probably be best not to leave them lying near a window which gets lots of sunlight.

Apr 22, 2011
Keep them in a plastic container. And make sure it's not in an area that's too hot or too cold, or they'll warp. Room temperature of around 68 degrees Fahrenheit is good (around 20 degrees Celsius). It doesn't have to be precisely that, but something within 5-10 degrees Fahrenheit of that'll probably be good.

It'd probably be best not to leave them lying near a window which gets lots of sunlight.

By plastic container you mean just a plastic box? So its ok to keep them stacked on top of each other right?

Thanks.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
You can do the cheap / portable route which is a silver case found out home depot and lowes which runs about $25.00 or you could buy the plastic storage bins from walmart. There are many options. The silver brief case / tool box has dividers that you can separate the case into exact dimension for your decks.

Here is the link to it, however if you find it at Lowe's it is about 10 bucks cheaper than this listing for the EXACT same brief case. Those dividers are removable and you can use all of them, a few of them....etc. You could easily fit about 60 or more decks in it.

http://www.allbrands.com/products/abp12230-0094.html

This used to be one of my gig cases that I took to my shows because all of the top slots / holders fit pens, sharpies, thumb tips, paddle tricks, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 22, 2011
Thank you for your suggestions I was actually considering a case but I thought I would have to make my own dividers. The one you linked looks cool though, might be able to serve multiple purposes.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results