Card Forces/Controls

Jan 22, 2012
Does anybody know a DVD or book that has a wide variety of different Card forces or controls? I feel that when I'm performing for friends and family I always using the same force and control and I just would like to have a variety of different methods to change things up.

May 27, 2012
Hey ArmanMagic um have you tried looking at the royal road to card magic or Expert at the card table its got some good forces and controls

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
There are a couple of books dedicated to forcing:

202 Methods of Forcing by Ted Annemann (table of contents herewhich you can get at lybrary.com for $2

Encyclopedia of Impromptu Card Forces (500 Forces with a Borrowed Deck) by Lewis Jones which ranges between $37 to $50 depending on where you buy it. I don't have the Encyclopedia of Impromptu Card Forces (yet, so I can't say if its worth it. I've read some great reviews and maybe others have it and can comment on it. I'm not sure if the extra 300 forces are worth an additional $48.

I would suggest that rather than merely learning forces and controls. you pick a book like Royal Road / Expert Card Technique or Card College Volume 1 and 2 and work through them. You will learn moves that you didn't realize you needed.

Jay Adra

Elite Member
Jul 11, 2011
Australia
www.jayadra.com
I would actually recommend doing the same forces and controls. If you're changing the way you're having someone pick a card and return it, participants will suspect something, as it is not completely natural to select a card in the way a lot forces require. If however the process looks slightly odd but you use that method every time, it almost justifies it and conditions them to the movements.

I think a classic force with a simple double-undercut and overhand shuffle control is one of the most natural forces and controls and when done correctly, looks exactly the same as the non-force and non-control movements.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results