Card Magic #1 : "Clip Of The Week" : The Restless Lady

Jul 19, 2008
Guys, and Gals, I thought I would put up a clip of the week of some Card Magic found on the net. Every friday a new clip. We could discuss the routine as far as its history, the performer, whether we do this particular effect, whatever. The first one here is "The Restless Lady" perdormed by Arnold Chevrier, a very talented magician. It is an effect by Ascanio. I perform this routine, obviously differently and get some positive feedback! One lady said, ' I have never seen a card trick quite like that". Ok, lets discuss, anyone do this effect?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vo3fpobamNw&feature=related

Nov 6, 2007
Yeah this is definitely one of my favourite routines of all time. I posted a live performance of me doing this routine a while ago, which got great reactions although I messed up lol. Ineski had an awesome variation also.

Sep 1, 2007
Missouri, USA
Magic I can appreciate, most definitely. It is not something I was aware of before, but I would definitely see this as something I would enjoy learning and performing. Who knows if that will ever happen, though.

My question is this:

What do you speak of, if anything, while you perform this effect? I see that it works well with no words at all, but I believe it could flow nicely with a bit of patter as well.

:)
Peace

Jul 19, 2008
Samuel, good question, I have always performed this with no patter. Thats just me. I think if you could develop a presentation then yes it could even be that much more stronger. You have to remember when laymen see this it is not the type of routine they are used to seeing. I always tell them to sit back and just enjoy the magic. When I first saw this routine done live for me, I thought, hell yea, I want to learn this. You really get into this effect, very fun to perform. I practice it all of the time. I really believe that it is a personal preference of whether or not to have patter with this effect or not. I will tell you this, When performing this without patter, you can hear the spectators in disbelief. I have several effects that I perform silently, or sometimes when I am at a bar, the music in the background becomes the patter. I like to do that with several routines like this one, jazz aces, dance of the devious by Jack Carpenter which is a one at a time vqnish of the queens with a reproduction, and some other ace assemblies.
This is a great effect which gets great reactions, I am interested to see how other magicians fel about doing this routine with no patter. Just letting the cards themselves perform the magic

Sep 1, 2007
really nice performance, I usually dont like false counting tricks because, why would you hold and count cards like that (its obviously up to funny stuffs) but it was still a cool effect

Aug 3, 2008
You know I really love effects like this with no patter at all. Something different, I don't do this particular effect but I would love to learn it. Very nice and eye appealing. Is there a standup version of this using no table? kind of reminds me of the homing card that brother hamman explained in his great book.

Aug 6, 2008
i thought the performance was verry gud. i caught some stuff that he did, but thats only because im a magician myself. i didn't actualy see anything wich is the important thing because that means it will fool the audience.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results