Card Magic #2 : "Clip Of The Week" : Reset by Paul Harris

Jul 19, 2008
this weeks Card Magic clip of the week includes probably my favorite plot in Card magic. RESET! This effect in the clip is a version of the wonderful French Magician Babel. I perform Reset about 5 different ways on a regular basis. How about you guys, what is your favorite method for this classic effect? And what are your thoughts on this particular clip?

RESET, (PAUL HARRIS)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5l0CH2MVvY&feature=related

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Honestly... am I the only one who is getting sick of the same old magic effect videos? There already thousands of videos on this trick and your previous video. It may be a good performance(haven't seen it nor am I going to) but it really gets repetitive and boring. This goes to all of you, if you want to have a magic video.... do something we haven't seen.

Sorry, but this is what I think. Some or most of you may disagree with me and that's fine. Seriously... everytime Jordan Lapping has a magic video up... 100s of other people just try to figure it out and put their own performance of it. I actually thought of a similar variation to ReSet as Bebel's... ( I mean it's not much of a change as the original) and now I'm sick of doing it because I see so many people already doing this. Yes, it got to the point where I DIDN'T FEEL LIKE PERFORMING ONE OF MY EX-FAVORITE EFFECTS.

So if you're going to continue with your "Clip of the Week" then do one where it isn't in the bandwagon.

Jul 19, 2008
Well excuse me eddie, which is also my first name. First of all that was not me performing, secondly, if you dont like it then dont watch because I will continue to put up classic effects, and guess what, this happens to be laymens that I perform for favorite trick. We are all not superstars like yourself, who probably stands around and does flourishes and gets off in front of mirror. Reset is a classic whether you like it or not. Now I will continue to put up magic for the other 99% of the magicians on here who enjoy. From now on DONT WATCH! I think Triumph will be my next video for next friday--HOW ABOUT THAT EDDIE?

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Well excuse me eddie, which is also my first name. First of all that was not me performing, secondly, if you dont like it then dont watch because I will continue to put up classic effects, and guess what, this happens to be laymens that I perform for favorite trick. We are all not superstars like yourself, who probably stands around and does flourishes and gets off in front of mirror. Reset is a classic whether you like it or not. Now I will continue to put up magic for the other 99% of the magicians on here who enjoy. From now on DONT WATCH! I think Triumph will be my next video for next friday--HOW ABOUT THAT EDDIE?

I don't do much flourishes as I do with magic.
Also, I was just stating what I thought. Like I said, I don't mind when you disagree with my views. However, the way you're talking to me sounds pretty immature.

It's not like I don't LIKE IT, it's more of a "oh man another one?!?!?!"

So good luck with your "Clip of the Week" as I predict that it won't be as successful. I mean I'm the only one who responded to this thread and it wasn't even about me watching the video.

Jul 19, 2008
eddie, so we are seeing who gets the most posts? Is that what this is about? And what is this , good luck with your clip of the week, I am not selling it, I thought those who would like to talk about could. It is for those who want to respond, not lets see how many replies you get from it each week. Now that sounds immature!
You are making predictions now! lmao! WOW! I guess you know all

Well to those who would like to watch the clip of the week and comment thats cool, and if you would like to just view the clip and not say anything, thats cool too. We are Magicians helping one another. Not so called Magicians who make predictions on whether your posts will get alot of responses or not! EXCEPT (EDDIE) HE KNOWS ALL! LMAo!

Thanks freezing Aces, if you havent explored RESET you need to. There are a thousand different handlings out there, and this one effect is a favorite to all laymen I have performed it for. If you need help exploring other handlings, do not hesitate to send me a message. I would love to help you anyway I can.

I will make a Prediction, I hope (eddie) doesnt mind! I think you will fall in love with the effect. I perform it everyday, with many different handlings!

Jul 19, 2008
Sigh....what point are you trying to prove? Just someone who gets on here and bad mouth's others?

Sigh... I prove my point! You will love next week's clip Just for you eddie, just for you!

Aug 3, 2008
hi irishfbfan1,

I have enjoyed both videos of your clip of the week! I think it is a very good idea.
As far as the one guy who said it wont work, well... if it helps one magician, and he has got something out of it, or has created a conversation piece, then I think it is a success.

Who the hell cares whether or not it is the same old routine we see over and over. If the guy doesnt like it he should not view or post on the topic.

Now, as far as this particular clip goes, I love the smooth handling, and watch his cover for the cleanup at the end. I will be adding this to the way that I already perform this great trick.

Also, Jack Carpenter and John Lovick have some interesting takes on Reset.

I agree with Irish, one of the best, and most enjoyable effects in Card Magic! I perform this every weekend at a bar, and have done so for the last 7 years. It is truly one of the most asked about card effects. I have 9 different versions, so I can change up the look but keep this wonderful plot.

Looking forward to your next clip of the week, great idea!

cheers!

I love this handling of reset, and the ending is something I too will be looking at.
Keep the videos coming! I wish you would do a coin video clip of the week! Some people are visual learners like myself lol! My handling of reset is, I guess you could say more of Paul Harris's version. I have seen Jack Carpenter's version which totally blew me away. I wasn't expecting the ending. Do you guys know where I can learn that particular handling> thanks Irishfbfan1 for the vids, and keep them coming.

Jul 19, 2008
Thanks guys for the remarks, thats all I wanted this to be was for people who wanted to converse and help each other out.

aceofhearts, you can find jack carpenter's routine which is his handling of reset off of his 2 volume set called the ' The Magic of Jack Carpenter", and yes the ending will blow people away! I think that its called Multiplex Interchange but anyone can correct me if I am wrong. I performed it this weekend as a closer, gives me chill bumps with the ending . As far as doing a coin clip of the week, I think our buddy eddie would really get upset then! lmao! I am looking into it.

vernonfanatic, thanks to you as well, and I would like to hear more about the different versions of reset that you do as well. You stated that you have about 9 versions.

Aug 3, 2008
Irish,

Right now I am doing Punk'd by kevin ho. i really like this handling alot. i also do Lovick's wonderful reset routine which is probably my favorite. I have my own handling which is closer to jim swain's handling. And for the first time in a while I performed Vallerino's touch on reset as well as Bill malone's reset/reset.

Aug 6, 2008
holly crap:eek:, who cares if his english is not that gud, that was so smooth and perfectly performed. big kudos.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results