Card Magic / Card Flourishing

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hey guys,

I woke up this morning and it came apon me, why is card magic always related to card flourishing?

Last night I was working on the molecule four from the trilogy by dan and dave and it just came to me.

Is it because while doing your magic, somtimes you use flourishes?

Or maybe because they both have to do with cards?

Do you guys know why?

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
I think that the reason is because they both have to do with cards and you do the flourishes unconciously ( excuse me if this is wrong spelled)

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I honestly have thought the same thing.
You'll often see magicians performing some form of flourish before getting to the trick, and it almost seems that you have to be a good flourisher in order to be a good card magician.

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
I honestly have thought the same thing.
You'll often see magicians performing some form of flourish before getting to the trick, and it almost seems that you have to be a good flourisher in order to be a good card magician.

No, a magician has to know just some flourishes, thumb fan , card spring and maybe charlier, just to get the respect of the audience that you are good with cards, if you start to pull of a pandora or j5 or cobra cut, that won't make your magic seem any better some magicians even say that it takes away from the magic because they see that it's not magic but card manipulation

For me it's because they're sort of intertwined. Many people do the farrow and bridge or even the charlier as a utility move, when reaqlly, they're flourishes, in a sense.

I guess because the basic principle ones are intertwined. Also because they have to do with cards :p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results