Card Magic Late At Night (Video)

OKky, before you watch the video please read this.

First, its been a while guys! haha, i've been keeping up with the site but just not posting recently.

Now, to the video...

This is a version of my semi-original signed card transpo. Its an old method and everything, I just made this specific routine. Usually it is done where the card vanishes while held by the spectator and then travels to the deck which is in their own pocket. But a few nights ago it was late, I couldn't sleep, so I filmed this! haha

Please note that I am not looking to win any beauty awards... it was very very late and I just kinda went through this... the flourish at the beginning even makes me laugh... haha

All constructive critism is always welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFTaPyCuLeo

Thanks,
Sharp

First off, non video oriented your signature, I wrote a quote months if not a year ago saying "If I die for a beautiful reason, it's only a death to those who never knew me." I think you may appropriate that.

II off, sorry man, but I feel everything should be smoother. But not to the fact where your spectators don't have time to think, but just smoother and a tad faster. You looked kinda knacky and unsure of your next move or just forgot the routine. But if the 9 of clubs wasn't a dupe, you fooled me there.

Nov 30, 2007
I thought it was good. But I thought that you wrote that signature to messy and in a way it took awhile, so I am wondering???

haha, I forgot to mention the part where I stall really bad. Normally there is misdirection to do something there but with the camera where it was I had to stop and think of what to do. Again, it was late and I would have thrown the camera across the room before I reshot it.. haha Thats why it was so stalled and slow.

Haha, yeah I have an extremly messy signature, normally a spectator would sign it and hopefully they are more neat... haha

Thanks guys, eventually I will get a video of me doing this live for actual spectators.

Sharp

Mar 6, 2008
Australia
It uses a duplicate

But if the 9 of clubs wasn't a dupe, you fooled me there.

Just by looking, I think the 9 of clubs was a dupe, which is why he doesnt show the signature on the table too long. It's written slightly different.

It actually looks pretty awesome tho, but with that dupe there, how could you possibly do it with a signed card from a spectator. You need that dupe. Unless I am mistaken, but then why would you not show the full card. But I saw the loop of the signature didn't go as far down the card as on the original.

Without a signature, tho this would look pretty awesome. The audience tends to get sus when the magician signs the card tho. Still a good effect tho.

Just by looking, I think the 9 of clubs was a dupe, which is why he doesnt show the signature on the table too long. It's written slightly different.

It actually looks pretty awesome tho, but with that dupe there, how could you possibly do it with a signed card from a spectator. You need that dupe. Unless I am mistaken, but then why would you not show the full card. But I saw the loop of the signature didn't go as far down the card as on the original.

Without a signature, tho this would look pretty awesome. The audience tends to get sus when the magician signs the card tho. Still a good effect tho.

Wow, old thread I had forgotten about.

Thanks man, and trust me, I have done this several times with the card signed by a spectator.

There are methods... there are methods... :)

Oct 6, 2007
Err...all I can say is that it's a beautiful effect, but you took 2 minutes to get the 4 aces and sign a card!!!
Oh and yes, reversal done before the CLIMAX. Cutting the deck at the end makes the time between the Climax and the final climax longer, so the magic becomes less.

I've seen a similar method of duplicating a signature in an effect called Space and Time by Justin Miller. I'm guessing this was the inspiration?

I have had the pleasure of Justin performing Time and Space to me, you do the math ;)

Err...all I can say is that it's a beautiful effect, but you took 2 minutes to get the 4 aces and sign a card!!!
Oh and yes, reversal done before the CLIMAX. Cutting the deck at the end makes the time between the Climax and the final climax longer, so the magic becomes less.

Haha, couldn't agree more. Basically, getting all of that done on camera at like 1 AM made it all screwy. When done live, the effect is very powerful and thought out. Why on earth I did this for a camera I have no earthly idea, but oh well.

As soon as I can get a camera operator (That can actually film worth a darn) I hope to go do some live videos and i'll be sure to include this when I do.

Thanks,
Sharp

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results