Card Mentalism

Dec 23, 2008
Hey can you guys tell me of the dvds that contain the versions of that
(1) the performer spreads the deck and asks the spectator to memorize a card. and the performer tells the card he is thinking of.
(2) The performer tellthe spectator what he is currently thinking of.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
(2) There is a technique called Fishing (fishing for information) which might come in handy if you're trying to get what people are thinking...

Im not much of a mentalist, but i'm sure Dee Christopher would gladly help - he, on the other hand - is quite the mentalist :)

Gustav

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Honestly, there are lots of ways to do stuff like that... I suppose it really depends on your situation and how specific you want it to get.

You could try Tom Baxter's ebook Not a Dianoetic Rage, which includes work on the Spread Force - you spread the cards in front of them, ask them to remember one they see, and then "divine" it. As far as mindreading cards, you could try forcing cards (Past Midnight, The Devil's Picturebook) or you could try more classic Mentalism methods, centre tears, billet peeks, etc.

Don't forget that you're asking for mentalism, not miracles :)

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Derren Brown has a dvd called 'The Devil's Picturebook with a trick named 'Smoke' which is what you want and then some. Just to warn you, however, this needs a special deck of cards (don't wanna give any false illusions) however it is definitely worth it if you buy it. The dvd set also has several psychological forces and a trick in which you name a card selected from an imaginary deck of cards - no forces. Seriously, buy this if you want the last word of mentalism and conjuring alike. You won't be disappointed.

Nov 19, 2008
not exactly what you were looking for but alvo stockman just released brain scanner, it looked pretty sweet, but i dont have a cell phone so i can' use it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results