Card mirage trick

levivoltz

Elite Member
Dec 7, 2014
I have to say WELL DONE! That was sensational!!
Keep up the good work mate!

My only concern is the length you performed that for. With these kinds of illusions, less is more, you should only give them 1 0r 2 seconds. This leaves them baffled even more then if you did it for 5 seconds, because they know what they saw but kind of don't because it was so impossible.

Reactions: Chris1212
Apr 30, 2013
Hungary
Hi Levivoltz,

Your comment made me smile, thank you for such a positive criticism. You are right, it would be better to show the change for less seconds, I'll follow this advice. That was my first, let's say "reasoned" magic trick, of course I keep thinking on new ideas :)

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
This looks like Dan Hauss' Gorilla Change. It has a small change that, if I have guessed right, doesn't change the method significantly. In order to get it accepted you need to show its strengths when contrasted with the other available methods out there. You can do this by showing a full developed performance, alternative handlings, ways to get into and get out of the trick. Pit your effect up against other color changes, really prove why it is better to only change a part of the card at a time.

Apr 30, 2013
Hungary
This looks like Dan Hauss' Gorilla Change. It has a small change that, if I have guessed right, doesn't change the method significantly. In order to get it accepted you need to show its strengths when contrasted with the other available methods out there. You can do this by showing a full developed performance, alternative handlings, ways to get into and get out of the trick. Pit your effect up against other color changes, really prove why it is better to only change a part of the card at a time.

Hello Josh,

Thank you for the comment and advices. It is really hard to check each method, each trick regarding similarity. It was my first trick idea, and there wasn't any influence by another tricks during creating this. In the future I will take care more about tricks history. Regarding the advantages of this trick, at the end the card can be taken out of my hand by the spectator, and I think changing only a little part of the card to another one can baffle the spectator more because in the reality there is no such a card.

Apr 6, 2015
Pakistan
well i don't have any criticism for you because i am not professional, for me its really good just the thing is there is already a flourish with this name by Alix Becle just wanted to point that out

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Hello Josh,

Thank you for the comment and advices. It is really hard to check each method, each trick regarding similarity. It was my first trick idea, and there wasn't any influence by another tricks during creating this. In the future I will take care more about tricks history. Regarding the advantages of this trick, at the end the card can be taken out of my hand by the spectator, and I think changing only a little part of the card to another one can baffle the spectator more because in the reality there is no such a card.

If you are looking into publishing this on the Wire then make sure to include these aspects in the trailer and tutorial so that you can set your effect apart.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results