Card Spring

May 22, 2008
Glendora,CA
Hey guys,
I just wanted to ask if it's bad to spring the cards from the corners? I've noticed a lot of people spring from the top and bottom of the deck and apparently I was told that I learned it wrong. I have no problem re-learning it but are there cases where you need to spring from top and bottom? If not should I re-learn to spring or am I ok with what i'm doing?

Sep 1, 2007
in flourishing, if you can figure out ANY method to do something well, it doesn't matter if people tell you it's "wrong" , that just means they're lame.

with that said, corner spring is far superior to the old method because you have control of the cards from 4 sides rather than 2 and the spring will stay in a better tighter shape = longer springs

but, you know, just do it your own way.

Oct 29, 2007
It's very easy to confuse the two springs unless you can see the persons thumb during the performance.

I preform the spring with my thumb on the lower left corner and the inside portion of my ring finger, with the fore and middle fingers resting on the top. This is how it is taught in The Trilogy in the Flourishes 101 section. In the Royal Road to Card Magic, the spring is taught by holding the deck by the ends with the thumb and ring and middle fingers.

From experience I have found that it is much easier, and you have more control by doing the spring by the corners vs the ends.

Ultimately, it's up to you to choose the method that works best for you.

Jan 31, 2008
I like Jerry's corner method MUCH better than springing by the ends because it enables you to do blockbuster springs that you can't with the normal method i.e. Overhead Spring, One-handed spring, Very loooong Spring etc.... if you ever want to do the springs mentioned I'd recommend you switching to the corners grip taught in detail in the EOPCF by The Flourishman.....

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results