''CARD THRU'' my upcoming .PDF

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
There are more reasons than just "wanting to rip kids off" for putting a product out.

Yes, I do agree. Darosa pointed out Ellusionist and Theory11, and I believe their marketing is directed towards younger and more inexperienced magicians. They are making money, and as a side effect, bringing people to magic. Or perhaps making money is the side effect of Theory 11, I don't know.

Magic is a popularity contest and if you want to be well known tehre are two ways to do it. You are either a brilliant performer or a damn good creator. It is probably easier for people to learn who you are through the effects you create.
To get fame, I think far superior way is to release a video of performance. If the created effect is really great, it would get famous that way. Performance in videoclips is nowadays putting music to background.

A second reason is money. People do make money off of selling their effects. Marketing is key to selling anything and it certianly applies to magic.
Yes, this was my concern. I hate people who create magic only to sell it to everyone.

Third, just wanting to get your ideas out is a good enough reason as well. If you feel like you have a killer idea and just want to share it, you have to figure out how much your ideas are worth to you. Are they worth people spending money on or are they better suited to be submited to a magazine.
I think this is the only real reason to publish anything magic related. And always, it's best to play around with the idea for ar least a couple of years, getting everything out of the new technique, adding small subleties and so on.

I don't really think he is just trying to rip kids off, or at least that wasn't his main intention.
I didn't mean or believe that either.

But in reality, he has gone about talking about this all wrong. Before he even posted a single thing he should have had a website as well as a demo up. AT LEAST a website with a tantalizing photograph.

We'll see how this pans out.

I agree.

JDEN, creating effects and selling them are to totally different things. I would recommend that you don't release anything yet. Or course, it's your decision after all.

PS.
I apologise my possibly harshly put question earlier.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results