Card trick tournament?

I was thinking the other day, why havent I ever seen one?

I was thinking we could put together a tournament, where you signup, post a video of your favorite trick to do and the users on the forum judge the two combatants tricks and the winner advances. A round robin kind of thing.

We could have judging categories such as smoothness, patter, presentation, overall effect and overall score.

We could even try it with a fixed panel of selected users as judges but I think it would be better to let the forum members decide the winners.

There would have to be rules, like length of video and whether or not gaffs are allowed etc.

What do you guys think? If I tried organizing it would you consider signing up?

Sep 1, 2007
What exactly do you mean? Like who can best replicate a trick from another magician?

he said impersonation/parody. So its would be like you would try to act like him, talk like him, and sound like him, and even look like him. I think we should do both.

OK well, I will start the organization later on tonight, depending on the level of interest Ill try to find some interesting way to present it etc

Ill be back in a few hours to check on this thread.

I like the idea (First one more then second).
What about those of us who don't have amazing video cameras? I have a camera that can take videos but quality isn't amazing.

Thanks,
Evan

(PS: you could make a poll, see who wins that way!)

EDIT: what about not jsut cards, but a general magic competition? And do we get to challenge people for the matchups?

Sign me up, I dunno how long it'll take, but I gotta find my camera charge cable, the battery's dead...

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
I like the idea (First one more then second).
What about those of us who don't have amazing video cameras? I have a camera that can take videos but quality isn't amazing.

Thanks,
Evan

(PS: you could make a poll, see who wins that way!)

EDIT: what about not jsut cards, but a general magic competition? And do we get to challenge people for the matchups?

Sign me up, I dunno how long it'll take, but I gotta find my camera charge cable, the battery's dead...

I'm with ya there.
I have college/car/magic/And now camp to save up for.

No room to squeeze a camera into the budget.

~jordan

Sep 1, 2007
yea i have done this on many other forums and we usually have a prize like a trick or something or a deck we make a routine with rules like ex.

1.must have transpo
2.must have signed card
3.must use one card during routine ex in ex XD aces for invisible palm or disaapear them and make them reapear or somthing
4.must have at least 5 phases but no more than 10
5. i dont know anything XD

Aug 31, 2007
yeah that would be cool i would sign up

btw does the trick have to be your own creation or someone elses

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
hey man count me in.. but english is not my native language so I think I have like a disadvantage for presentations.. but Its a nicee idea =) I think th judges should be or the T-11 Crew or with a poll :p, I really like the idea

a tournament would be pretty cool. but thats kinda unlikely.

so there is a game that i play with some friends which was taught to me by a friend. it was created by David Ben and i believe Kostya Kimlat but im not 100%. the object of the game is to track the cards. for example. you start with ace through king of any suit on top of the deck. the first person has to produce the ace or do a trick with it to start. after he is done, he can cut or even faro the deck to lose the cards as long as the stack is retained. the next person then has to locate the next card and do the same thing (produce it or another trick). its really fun and great for your creativity. try it, have fun, and good luck.

Sep 2, 2007
I would totally join but the question is, is their a prize? I was thinking someone could buy the winner a pack of bicycle guardians or soemthing? anyway even if there's no prizes ill sign up

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results