Cardistry Routine

Aug 31, 2007
UK
You're springs could have been and longer and your armspread catches could have been more adventurous, something that also bugged me is the fact that not many of the moves flowed into each other which kind of takes away the purpose of an uncut routine.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
It wasn't bad, but the armspreads and springs you did at least twice in a row. That kinda made me lose my attention to the video. You need "pull factors" instead of "push factors". Repeat moves just make me want to click out. But overall, it was pretty good, and I did enjoy it. Work on the repeats, and you'll be golden!

It wasn't bad, but the armspreads and springs you did at least twice in a row. That kinda made me lose my attention to the video. You need "pull factors" instead of "push factors". Repeat moves just make me want to click out. But overall, it was pretty good, and I did enjoy it. Work on the repeats, and you'll be golden!

Repeating the same move twice in a row is the limit now.

Sep 1, 2007
You don't have to be rude about it. We took the time to watch your video, so you should show some respect.

As for the video, I thought it was awful. Things din't flow, it was basically, "Here's all the flourishes I can do at a half-ass level. Practice more, especially on your sybil.

Sep 1, 2007
It wasn't awful, but it didn't really flow, but hey at least you didn't use lots of camera cuts like a lot of guys.

Also I didn't realize how young you were when I saw your DBD vid. Props for that.

Keep at it.
ElisG.

Apr 4, 2008
You don't have to be rude about it. We took the time to watch your video, so you should show some respect.

As for the video, I thought it was awful. Things din't flow, it was basically, "Here's all the flourishes I can do at a half-ass level. Practice more, especially on your sybil.

Yeah I definetly agree with that. It had no flow whatsoever, which is one of the most important things in a cardistry routine.

Sep 2, 2007
London
I would say that you need to think about the performance more, rather than the moves. If you watch, for example, the Virts original video, they featured a simple bridged riffle shuffle to great effect, simply because of the attitude and performance style. Your video seemed to be more about showing off which flourishes you can do, and trying to get from one to the other as quickly as possible.

One key point in acheiving a good performance is working out in your own mind what it is the audience is supposed to be appreciating. For example, with an armspread, the factors that make it look good are the smoothness and evenness (even-ness? It doesn't look right however I write it) of the formation of the spread, the distance it travels in the air, and the dexterity with which you catch it. In other words, it may be an idea to pause after the spread has been formed to allow this to sink in, consider the positioning of your body to emphasise the distance between your hands before the catch, and then make the catch itself with more dramatic emphasis. This is just an example of one particular move, but I'm sure you can see how this process can be applied to other moves.

I hope you take this as constructive criticism, as I will if you comment when I finally get round to getting a video up......

I would say that you need to think about the performance more, rather than the moves. If you watch, for example, the Virts original video, they featured a simple bridged riffle shuffle to great effect, simply because of the attitude and performance style. Your video seemed to be more about showing off which flourishes you can do, and trying to get from one to the other as quickly as possible.

One key point in acheiving a good performance is working out in your own mind what it is the audience is supposed to be appreciating. For example, with an armspread, the factors that make it look good are the smoothness and evenness (even-ness? It doesn't look right however I write it) of the formation of the spread, the distance it travels in the air, and the dexterity with which you catch it. In other words, it may be an idea to pause after the spread has been formed to allow this to sink in, consider the positioning of your body to emphasise the distance between your hands before the catch, and then make the catch itself with more dramatic emphasis. This is just an example of one particular move, but I'm sure you can see how this process can be applied to other moves.

I hope you take this as constructive criticism, as I will if you comment when I finally get round to getting a video up......

I completely understand you. Thanks for that point.

@ Creeper. If I was rude in any way please let me know. I can't seem to find where I was rude.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results